1.    #1  
    I finally got myself a Treo 600. (GSM unlocked) Very sweet. I have a few questions and issues...

Is there a way to have the phone automatically figure out whether you are dialing a number or looking up a contact, the way the old Treo phone app did? I loved that feature.

Is it possible to open the menu using only the D-pad and center button? I thought that the 600 I tested at the store did that, by just jumping up to the top of the page and highlighting the title. This one only opens the menu when you hit the menu key.

Is the radio known to be slow? It has good reception, better than most GSM I've used here, but it seems to respond and find signal very slowly. Is this a known issue, or an illusion?

I had a few favorite programs that I always used that don't seem to work... Switcheroo, Today, and Diddlebug for alarms. Any suggestions on good replacements? (yeah I have been looking around the forums and read the thread on the upcoming 2Day program) Also I would like a program that would let you assign a press & hold function to the main keys, or maybe pop up a list of 10 or so programs from one button. (free... I haven't even bought a case or big SD card or stereo headphones yet...) Is there any way to make the top power button activate a program, seeing as there are two power buttons to choose from? I am all about quick activation of all of my main programs, and have about filled my favorites up.

Thanks a bunch, this is a great forum.
    MTT
    Handspring Visor, Palm V, HS Treo 180, HS Treo 90, P1 Treo 600, P1 Treo 650, Palm Treo 700p... still hanging tough with Palm OS
    Glad you're enjoying your Treo, just a quick point I run Today version 2.1 on my Treo 600 with no problems. Bob's alarm seems to be the alarm clock of choice for a lot of T600 users. http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...roductId=90187
  3.    #3  
    Tried out Today, it works. I just didn't have the latest version. No 5-way support though...
    This was a unlocked Cingular phone, but I am using it on T-mobile. It works fine- but is ther any way to get rid of the Cingular splash screens? Maybe install T-mobile firmware? Are there any downsides to doing that?
    MTT
    Handspring Visor, Palm V, HS Treo 180, HS Treo 90, P1 Treo 600, P1 Treo 650, Palm Treo 700p... still hanging tough with Palm OS
  4.    #4  
    replying to myself... I found SingleButton and it does the trick for me- I can now launch 21 different apps (including the phone 4-way) using only the hard keys (+options keys & 5-way) without going to a menu or tapping the screen.

I still want a way to make the top power button do something, because I use the right hand button for a power.
    MTT