1.    #1  
    I have to laugh, have you seen that new MPX from Motorola? I thought it looked impressive. But get a load of the screenshots here:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...5&pagenumber=5

This thing is out of control. I'm telling you. Don't bother with the design work fellas and don't waste time being original. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Well, don't be clever. Just copy the thing and stick Palm OS on it. Oh yeah and put a 320 X 480 screen on it while you're there. Thank you and make it CDMA so I can get a signal with Verizon, ok?

I mean it. This thing has everything except the Palm OS. Yeah, the keyboard is funky. Yeah, it's big. But HOLY COW, is there anything it can't do? WiFi, Bluetooth, portrait or landscape screen; 1.2 MP camera!!! I mean really.

About the only negative I see is that the thing is probably so powerful that it will suck the battery dry in 30 minutes.... Which leads me to another point..... REMOVEABLE BATTERY. It actually has one..... hint hint

HA! Well, I'm still waiting for my Treo 600 on Verizon. No sense getting a device as cool as the MPX when it runs on GSM (thank you but no thank you) and runs on Pocket PC (nah, been there and done that).

So cool......
    my god i'd never seen pics or even heard of that till 5 minutes ago. it's sooooo sexy. makes the treo look ancient.
    movies of it here
    http://www.ruttensoft.com/smartphone/mpx.htm

the thing is brilliant..the 2 way opening clamshell design is a thing of beauty..i'd sign a 10 yr contract with sprint for this thing if they could get it
    that thing is beautiful..

it cannot even be classified as a "thing"
    yeah i helped hook mark up with one (thats bengalboy)...very nice man
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    yeah i helped hook mark up with one (thats bengalboy)...very nice man
    You did HoFo? At those prices, I'll bet he was a very nice man.

All kidding aside, well worth it if you've got it. That's my feeling.

Such a cool unit.
    yeah there is a user on there named digitalrice, has some "engineering models" of the MPX...selling dem at 1800 CAD a piece...(but bengalboy got it knocked down to 1200 CAD)...its good that he buys these models...he's an attorney...and well...he's played with cell phone companies before...

funny just cause i have 14 000 posts, they worship me as a god teheheh
    oh....crap...i think i need a change of pants

*runs off*
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    very cool, but I can't believe the battery could withstand more than 60 minutes.

I'd also be a little nervous about multiple hinges - more things to go wrong...
    i take it i'm the only one who doesnt like this at all and im a huge motorola fan. my old phone was the timeport than the talkabout and they were as perfect as non color phones could be.
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    im passing on this one as there is no 850....but i am however getting an ipaq 6315
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    im passing on this one as there is no 850....but i am however getting an ipaq 6315
    I agree, the lack of 850 is a huge mistake IMO. I don't know why they would let that slide. Yes, only AT&T is rolling out 850 MHz at the moment. But still, on a top of the line device like that, you would think they would be going all the way. I mean, heck, the Treo 600 can do 850 MHz.
    what is 850...?
    Quote Originally Posted by morphiend
    what is 850...?
    GSM phone frequency band. The Treo is quad band which includes 850 MHz. Most devices in the past have been tri-band and have excluded the 850 range.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC
    This thing is out of control. I'm telling you. Don't bother with the design work fellas and don't waste time being original. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Well, don't be clever. Just copy the thing and stick Palm OS on it. Oh yeah and put a 320 X 480 screen on it while you're there. Thank you and make it CDMA so I can get a signal with Verizon, ok?
    I am not aware, PALMOS has any OS with capability to run camera and WIFI plus web browser at the same time.

Can you show us please? (no, save state ain't it) thanks.

I mean it. This thing has everything except the Palm OS. Yeah, the keyboard is funky. Yeah, it's big. But HOLY COW, is there anything it can't do? WiFi, Bluetooth, portrait or landscape screen; 1.2 MP camera!!! I mean really.
    It can run alpha version of POS emu. And the strength of PPCPE is NOT the hardware, but the software. PPC has far more advance software than any POS softwares by now. Palm has not improved in the past 2 years.

HA! Well, I'm still waiting for my Treo 600 on Verizon. No sense getting a device as cool as the MPX when it runs on GSM (thank you but no thank you) and runs on Pocket PC (nah, been there and done that).
    GSM has bigger market, the CDMA will be served by XDAIII.
  16.    #16  
    suskind, you do realize that this is all for fun, correct?
    hehe

i want my ipaq 6315
    cool
    DealScanner - <- best deal site on the web
    DealScanner