I have recently had a THB UNI TrendTalk car kit fitted by Orange UK and have a problem.

Before the car kit was fitted I updated the ROM to software version "Treo600-1.12-OUK" and the firmware is 03.05, both updates came from the Orange web site.

Although I can initally make and receive calls with no problems, the Treo keeps attempting to hotsync once placed in the car kit and then again approximately every 10 minutes. This eventually results in the Treo locking up on the hotsync application, which makes the car kit inoperable.

I have spoken to Orange UK who have asked me to try another handset.
    Fortunately I have a collegue who also has a T600 but cannot do this for a few weeks.

Meanwile I would like to know if anyone else has had this probelm or can advise of any setting on the T600 ? I've looked and cannot find any... Ahhhh....

Thanks,
    This is a reply from THB USA regarding my Car Kit problem -

This is a problem with the Orange updater that was installed on your Treo 600. PalmOne was the creator of the software you installed on your Treo. THB Bury had no part in the development of this software. This was strictly done between PalmOne and Orange. THB Bury and THB-USA have no way to test this software to locate where in the updater the problem is coming from. We have a conference call today with PalmOne. I will let them know of the troubles you are experiencing with the Treo and the car-kit. This way they will be aware of the problem and attempt to develop a resolution for this problem. I would be happy to keep you posted on my findings from PalmOne later today.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best regards,
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Alan Jarvis
    National Service Manager

3211 Ponce De Leon Blvd. #101
    Coral Gables, FL. 33134
    Tel: 1-786-271-2501
    Fax: 1-305-443-0208
    Last edited by Parm; 06/22/2004 at 12:09 PM.