Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Seriously. This afternoon at work I went to go look up a number and magically, my phone data had been cleared.

It locks up 90% of the time when I go to pick up an incoming call.

i just tried to dial out and my signal died, so it locked up, eventaully reset, and got stuck halfway into booting.

Sometimes when people call me and it locks up, it will continue ringing for about 4 minutes before it stops.

I paid an absurd $600 for a phone that is less reliable than the cheapest phone on the market.

WTF?
  2.    #2  
    I also love how I can have 3 bars of service from Sprint and it still doesn't allow me to dial a call!
    [I'm a wannabe psychologist] Kooldino, tell us all how that makes you feel, exactly?
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  4.    #4  
    Makes me feel like throwing it against a wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooldino
    Seriously. This afternoon at work I went to go look up a number and magically, my phone data had been cleared.

It locks up 90% of the time when I go to pick up an incoming call.

i just tried to dial out and my signal died, so it locked up, eventaully reset, and got stuck halfway into booting.

Sometimes when people call me and it locks up, it will continue ringing for about 4 minutes before it stops.

I paid an absurd $600 for a phone that is less reliable than the cheapest phone on the market.

WTF?
    If it locks up 90% of the time, what are you still doing with it? Take it back and get a replacement.
  6.    #6  
    This is my 2nd one. And a "replacement" would be a used one.
    If YOUR Treo(s) are flawed, but OUR Treos aren't, that suddenly makes ALL Treos a "steaming pile of crap"? If your logic is even remotely correct then everything in this universe as we know it is a "steaming pile of crap" including you and I. I think you need to retitle this thread "My T600 is a steaming pile of crap".

Oh and before you jump down my throat about what I just said. Please keep in mind that you are allowed to do, say think, believe, etc. what you want. I'm just $%&^ing with you. Have a nice day!
    So do it. It doesnt sound like you'll miss it much.

This is my 2nd one. And a "replacement" would be a used one.
    And a used one that works is worse than a new one that doesnt right? That's a pretty dumb stance to take. Maybe you ought to just get a different phone.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freudov23
    I just received replacement #7 ......
    Looks like you should Never play the Loto...
    But you as others still love this darn thing.
    OK, back to Kooldino. Geez! Stop yur whinin!!! Check your phone's ESN number against the range listed in Item 3 of this post: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...7&postcount=10. If it falls within that range, which it probably will, take a copy of that post with you to the Sprint Store and make them give you a replacement phone that's outside of that range. It's very unlikely that they can find a refurb. phone that isn't in that range, so you'll get a NEW one.
  11.    #11  
    It DOES fall into that range, but doesn't have any of the listed problems in that post.

Guys - I love my phone when it works. But more often than not, it doesn't.

It's just not reliable. Can you blame me for being pissed?
    I don't blame you, but you definitely need a new phone. There are plenty of posts here describing your symptoms, which sound like an advanced case of the network search issue. The 1.20 update seems to trigger the problem in susceptible phones (i.e., phones in that ESN range). Do a search in the T600 hardware section for "network search" and "update."
    Last edited by TreoLuvr; 06/18/2004 at 01:09 AM. Reason: typo
  13.    #13  
    I've had this problem with every update i can reacall.

Zlauncher wouldn't cause the issue, would it?
    Seems like I remember something being posted about Zlauncher, but I could be wrong. (I tend to remember my own experiences best!) But if it's causing the problem, you can find out by deleting it. It might work OK if you reinstall it.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Where do you find the ESN?
    Last edited by HornetBoy; 06/18/2004 at 07:03 AM.
    That's odd . . . that doesn't normally happen . . .
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I've got to say this chap has a point. Defend it all you like, but like many of us I'm on my third now and it doesn't work properly since the firmware "upgrade".

No other product that costs this much would ever be allowed to remain so unstable for so long.

Mine has got so bad I've put it in the cupboard and gone back to a nokia 6310. I'd love it to work, but Handspring support is too slow, Orange haven't got a clue, and I've got no more energy to explain what the phone is/does/is supposed to do to first line support monkeys.
    That's odd . . . that doesn't normally happen . . .
    Guess I'm just lucky then, mine never gives me problems. OK, well maybe it does when I'm beta testing software, but resets are expected then and it's fine otherwise. Mine's GSM though, I wouldn't touch sprint with a 10ft pole. Had too many roommates/friends with absolutely horrible reception through them (not using treos).
    My sprint Treo 300 was a bit flakey at times, crashed more and froze up more than I care to admit. But with the amount of hacks and oddball software i'm sure it was my fault.

With the Sprint Treo 600 I have it's a finely tuned work of art. No issues. I love it. Can't wait until my girlfriend's Treo 300 dies so I can get her a 600
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Original Treo for six months, no issues.

Perhaps it is software issues, has that occurred to you? It would be easy to verify, simply hard reset the device and use it for a while WITHOUT PUTTING ALL YOUR CRAP BACK ON IT. If it still has the issues, it's a bad phone, if the issues are gone, reinstall your crap a bit at a time until the issues reappear, then you've found the culprit.

I'd think these would be the obvious steps to take....

HTH,
    Joe
    I'm "still" on my first one (GSM), I ordered the first day that they were avaiilable - and the only problems that I have ever had, I have caused myself by playing with software (which is why I have backups)...
    I like this device!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast