Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Just hard reset and MANUALLY add some contacts (bogus, who cares). Do you still have this issue? If yes, get it replaced, if not, then consider that your data itself may be correct. Stranger things have happened.
    That's a lot of work for 100 contacts.

Suggestion: Rathing than making assumptions, calling people names and whining , perhaps you might try to get help to resolve your issues rather than trying to get everyone (FROM AN ENTHUSIASTS FORUM) to hop on your band-wagon. Just my opinion, take it or leave it.
    What band wagon is this? I'm trying to resolve my issues. You just replied to an instance where I was reporting on my attempt at resolving the issue...
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget
    My Treo 600 is on Sprint, has an ESN in the "bad" range, and has lots of 3rd-party applications installed on it. I'm still on my first one and haven't had a bit of trouble with it in the eight months that I've owned it.

Things that make you go "Hmmm".
    Ditto, except that I've had mine for almost 10 months and I've never had a problem. I also have the THB Car Kit and iTrek GPS. It is in constant use and has yet to let me down.

myline = Treo650 w/SprintPCS
    by the way, how did you manage to get your treo to steam? I can use a pocket steamer now and then. ;-)
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by fungusamongus
    by the way, how did you manage to get your treo to steam? I can use a pocket steamer now and then. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooldino
    That's a lot of work for 100 contacts.
    Who said anything about adding 100 contacts????? I even used the word bogus....

Sheesh. Hard reset. Create *SOME* contacts (whether they are real or not is 100% irrelevant). Do you still have your reset issue? This isn't exactly rocket science here...
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Good thing because we are clearly not dealing with a rocket scientist.
    Who has a phone that doesnt work the way they want it for over a month and a 1/2 and doesnt go get a new phone? When my phone died (3 times) I had a new phone in hand the same day.

Kooldino, why dont you just get a new phone? That is so obviously the best choice.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    He says he's been trying, but this unfriendly guy can't figure out how to get a hold of PalmOne or his provider to get a replacement...
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Who said anything about adding 100 contacts????? I even used the word bogus....

Sheesh. Hard reset. Create *SOME* contacts (whether they are real or not is 100% irrelevant). Do you still have your reset issue? This isn't exactly rocket science here...
    Well, it locked up when I had gone through a few dozen.

Yeah, it will still reset when it doesn't get a good signal and I try to do something.
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Good thing because we are clearly not dealing with a rocket scientist.
    Good one.

Who has a phone that doesnt work the way they want it for over a month and a 1/2 and doesnt go get a new phone? When my phone died (3 times) I had a new phone in hand the same day.

Kooldino, why dont you just get a new phone? That is so obviously the best choice.
    I've been asking how for the past few pages. Go look. Then tell me how to get my phone replaced. I got it from PalmOne.
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    He says he's been trying, but this unfriendly guy
    Stop. Unfriendly? I'm an extremely friendly guy. I'm the guy who pulls over when I see a stranded car on the side of the road. Guys started giving me flak, and I'm merely defending myself on occasion against people attempting to break my stones. Too bad they completely lack any kind of wit and resort to calling me names like "Unkooldino". Brilliant. But you know, I'm the jerk here.

Please, PLEASE show me why I deserve to be called unintelligent, unfriendly, unclassy, "unkool" and such.

can't figure out how to get a hold of PalmOne or his provider to get a replacement...
    Right. Because when I call PalmOne, they tell me to call Sprint and vice versa. I'm not the only one in this situation, apparently.
    Last edited by Kooldino; 08/09/2004 at 12:16 AM.
    Good one.

I've been asking how for the past few pages. Go look. Then tell me how to get my phone replaced. I got it from PalmOne.
    My god man, you even got it from PAlmOne and can't figure out how to get a replacement - uhhh, gee, maybe CALL THEM, maybe look for the phone number on their website, maybe call Customer Support......
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    My god man, you even got it from PAlmOne and can't figure out how to get a replacement - uhhh, gee, maybe CALL THEM, maybe look for the phone number on their website, maybe call Customer Support......
    Thanks dude, I NEVER thought of that. Oh wait, yes I did, and I've stated mulitple times in this thread alone that I tried and it wouldn't work. I'd get recordings and such. I'm not an *****. If it were all that easy, I wouldn't be wasting our time here. I'll try again tomorrow just in case they changed something.
    ok I am going to try one more time.

If you have a sprint phone, go to a sprint store, show them your problem, ask for a replacement. If they ask, tell em you got it from sprint. If they say no, politely demand a replacement or try a different sprint store.

Bottom line is this Kooldino. You CAN NOT get a replacement by crying about your problem on T. You have to actively persue a solution.

Think you can handle that? Good luck.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  14.    #74  
    ok I am going to try one more time.

If you have a sprint phone, go to a sprint store, show them your problem, ask for a replacement.
    I tried that last time. Didn't work.

If they ask, tell em you got it from sprint.
    Wouldn't they need a receipt?

If they say no, politely demand a replacement or try a different sprint store.
    I'll try, but I really don't think it will work.

Bottom line is this Kooldino. You CAN NOT get a replacement by crying about your problem on T.
    Right. And I'm here "crying" so I can seek advice on HOW to pursue it.
    Be firm at the store. palmOne is an authorized dealer, the official Sprint store can't disown your device. The phone is under warrenty without the need for a receipt, as seen from activation date and the fact the Treo 600 is new. It's all in the attitude, be polite but firm and show that you absolutely EXPECT them to take care of your problem.
    Kool, do you want to fail? You have a very poor attitude and others can see this. Quit looking for excuses why this wont work and just go do it. Act like you desrve a replacement and expect satisfaction and you'll get it. Have a little backbone.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    WOOF just read your signiture its great really made me laugh
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Be firm at the store. palmOne is an authorized dealer, the official Sprint store can't disown your device. The phone is under warrenty without the need for a receipt, as seen from activation date and the fact the Treo 600 is new. It's all in the attitude, be polite but firm and show that you absolutely EXPECT them to take care of your problem.
    Ok, cool.

Also, got ahold of PalmOne again, they pointed me to Sprint as well. They like me at my local Sprint store, so hopefully that will make it easier.
  19.    #79  
    Kool, do you want to fail?
    Yes.

You have a very poor attitude and others can see this. Quit looking for excuses why this wont work and just go do it.
    It's not excuses, it's "I've already tried that".

Act like you desrve a replacement and expect satisfaction and you'll get it. Have a little backbone.
    LOL, I've got plenty of backbone, don't worry about that. Ahh, the insults never end.
    Yes.

It's not excuses, it's "I've already tried that".

LOL, I've got plenty of backbone, don't worry about that. Ahh, the insults never end.
    If you want to fail why ask for help?

And just because youve tried something doesnt mean it wont work at another time. what have you got to lose?

I am not insulting you but trust me I am tempted. I am telling you to be firm and satnd up for your rights as a consumer when you go to the sprint store. I thought the backbone comment might make it through. Stop taking everything as an insult. We are trying to help you here.
    — Ed Howdershelt
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast