Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Original Treo for six months, no issues.

Perhaps it is software issues, has that occurred to you? It would be easy to verify, simply hard reset the device and use it for a while WITHOUT PUTTING ALL YOUR CRAP BACK ON IT. If it still has the issues, it's a bad phone, if the issues are gone, reinstall your crap a bit at a time until the issues reappear, then you've found the culprit.

I'd think these would be the obvious steps to take....

HTH,
    Joe
    Ok, how do i sync my system so that i ONLY get my contacts?

Go into the Desktop software and set the palm to overwrite everything on the desktop EXCEPT for the contacts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooldino
    Ok, how do i sync my system so that i ONLY get my contacts?

Go into the Desktop software and set the palm to overwrite everything on the desktop EXCEPT for the contacts?
    The contacts (I think) are in AddressDB.pdb. I would think you would like to make a complete backup, hard reset, and then copy just that database back onto your Treo.

It's pretty simple to sync and get only that in Linux with pilot-xfer.... but in Windows...

Maybe you could do a full backup ... a good idea anyway, hard reset, make a new sync ID, copy the AddressDB.pdb over to the install folder for that sync ID, and let palm destop reinstall.

Then again, I don't ever try to put a single .prc or .pdb onto my palm with palm desktop, so that may not be the best way (or even possible).
    It may indeed be a bad A$$ phone but customer support for it is definitely a steaming pile of crap! Here's a guy who's received 7 replacement phones and I've been waiting 5 weeks and still can't get one! I'm steaming now. There is no excuse for not being able to replace a defecive phone in 5 weeks!
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
  4.    #24  
    Ok, so i tried calling palmone to complain about my phone (that's getting worse by the day).

Then a recording told me to call 1877-426-3777.

So I did.

Then another recording told me to call Sprint.

But I bought the phone through PalmOne.

What do i do?
    Are you waiting for a new T600 or a refurb? I got a replacement (refurb) in the mail in 2 days (UPS 2nd day air) after going into a Spring store and showing the tech the problems: fluctuating signal bars and calls going to voicemail. They store manager wouldn't give me a new phone but noted in my accnt that if the refurb has problems then I get a new one. So far the refurb is OK but I will scrutinize it over the next 30 days to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by riverbruce
    It may indeed be a bad A$$ phone but customer support for it is definitely a steaming pile of crap! Here's a guy who's received 7 replacement phones and I've been waiting 5 weeks and still can't get one! I'm steaming now. There is no excuse for not being able to replace a defecive phone in 5 weeks!
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    Are you waiting for a new T600 or a refurb? I got a replacement (refurb) in the mail in 2 days (UPS 2nd day air) after going into a Spring store and showing the tech the problems: fluctuating signal bars and calls going to voicemail. They store manager wouldn't give me a new phone but noted in my accnt that if the refurb has problems then I get a new one. So far the refurb is OK but I will scrutinize it over the next 30 days to be sure.
    I'm just waiting for a replacement of any kind. Hell, I'd be happy with new or refurb. I now have a replacement order with both T-Mobile and PalmOne now. It's been 5 weeks waiting on the T-Mobile and 1 on the PalmOne order. There is no excuse for not being able to replace a defective phone in 5 weeks.
    www.riverontheweb.com

Dont know what the big deal is with refurbs. I'd rather get a working refurb then a non working New one. I'm on my T600 #2, I have a T600 refurb that I fricken beat on and abuse just to see how tuff it is and its still working fine.
    Ok, so i tried calling palmone to complain about my phone (that's getting worse by the day).

Then a recording told me to call 1877-426-3777.

So I did.

Then another recording told me to call Sprint.

But I bought the phone through PalmOne.

What do i do?
    I encountered the same thing and it pissed me off too. PalmOne processes all Sprint Treo returns through Sprint. From what I could tell, you can't call P1 about it. You have to take it to a Sprint store that has facilities to test the phone. Make sure to call first to make sure they do because not all Sprint stores can test a Treo 600.

Good luck!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I encountered the same thing and it pissed me off too. PalmOne processes all Sprint Treo returns through Sprint. From what I could tell, you can't call P1 about it. You have to take it to a Sprint store that has facilities to test the phone. Make sure to call first to make sure they do because not all Sprint stores can test a Treo 600.

Good luck!
    While having a different carrier (T-Mobile) I can now share my full experience and why you should call PalmOne.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my touchscreen went dead. I called T-Mobile, as per instructions, and was told on May 11th there was a 10 day backorder and I'd have my replacement in no later than two weeks. Two weeks... no phone, 3 weeks... same, 4, 5 weeks... same crap... backordered.

But at 4 weeks I also decided out of frustration to see if I could get some satisfaction from the place where I purchased the phone in the first place. They place a seperate replacement order in and said, 6 - 7 days backorder plus shipping... I'd have my phone in 10 days.

Ten days to the money, I get a new Treo 600 delivered by Airborne. I then call T-Mobile to cancel my replacement order from them (after discovering that they still showed it backordered) and they don't even have a way to cancel their replacement order. Instead I was told to simply refuse the shipment went it showed up. What a screwed up policy... and if it wasn't for their good price on data, I'd dump them in August when my contract is up.

Bottom line for me... CALL PALMONE, not your carrier.
    www.riverontheweb.com

I must saw, I am one of those people that usually has every imaginable problem with everything I buy--and I find new ones often, too. I am demanding, and I am picky. My last car just went back because I went to arbitration and won.

That said, I have had my Treo 600 since they first came out last fall. I got one of the first shipments. I had MAJOR problems with the Treo 300 I had for a few months before; it was awful.

That said, my Treo 600 has been great. I've had the occasional issue with Sprint, which we have worked through, but hardware wise, I have no serious complaints. My issues have generally all been software related, and I've fixed them all. The only real issue I have since the latest update is that Blazer starts very slowly--I have a few seconds of a white screen before I go in. But, for as infrequently as i use it, I can deal. (If anyone has a fix, let me know!).

The Treo 600 has been an incredible improvement over the 300. 8+ months later, I am still on the original. Maybe I've been lucky with mine (I'm due, based on the problems other items have given me!), but I can't complain.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by riverbruce
    While having a different carrier (T-Mobile) I can now share my full experience and why you should call PalmOne.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my touchscreen went dead. I called T-Mobile, as per instructions, and was told on May 11th there was a 10 day backorder and I'd have my replacement in no later than two weeks. Two weeks... no phone, 3 weeks... same, 4, 5 weeks... same crap... backordered.

But at 4 weeks I also decided out of frustration to see if I could get some satisfaction from the place where I purchased the phone in the first place. They place a seperate replacement order in and said, 6 - 7 days backorder plus shipping... I'd have my phone in 10 days.

Ten days to the money, I get a new Treo 600 delivered by Airborne. I then call T-Mobile to cancel my replacement order from them (after discovering that they still showed it backordered) and they don't even have a way to cancel their replacement order. Instead I was told to simply refuse the shipment went it showed up. What a screwed up policy... and if it wasn't for their good price on data, I'd dump them in August when my contract is up.

Bottom line for me... CALL PALMONE, not your carrier.
    Ok, what number do I call
    That's my point! There is no PalmOne number on their website you can call for a Sprint Treo. The numbers listed there are only for the other carriers which they still take calls for. If you call PalmOne, the second the automated menu asks you which carrier you have - and you choose Sprint - it gives you Sprint's number and hangs up!

If I'm wrong, then what's the number?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Just to round out the last thought which is a sensible one... hard reset the phone, go to your user folder (usually c:\program files\handpring and you will see a folder with a name like your username (e.g. hubert green might be \hgreen)). Cut all the contents of the \Backup folder and move the file elsewhere. Now HotSync to your username again. All your personal data will return but not all the 'junk' and settings.

If you still see problems, then the hardware may be faulty or the network is lousy in your area.

On a related theme for those who know England:
    What is brown and comes steaming out of cows? The Isle of Wight ferry. (this joke has to be spoken because the spelling of 'Cowes' gives it away)

Well I thought it was funny...
    Ever think the problem might be SPRINT?
  15.    #35  
    Sprint IS causing some of the issues, because in better service areas, it's less problematic. I'd love to swithc to Verizon.

What's annoying is that I can even have 2 or 3 bars or service on Sprint's network, and go to make a call...it will instantly fail and tell me Network Disconnected. Lame.

Now I've got a brand new problem with this hunk of junk. Even while just using it as a PDA, it will frequently freeze up for about 5 seconds. Then it's good for a minute. Then it will freeze up again...
    It's either a bad unit or a software interaction problem. Try to hard-reset your phone and see if it functions properly. If it does, try to find the offending application. If it doesn't, take it back.
    Call Sprint tier II tech support and ask them to re-provision your phone with all the services you paid for. I did this with my T600 on Sprint and it made a world of difference in web access speed, PDANet access etc.

Sprint IS causing some of the issues, because in better service areas, it's less problematic. I'd love to swithc to Verizon.

What's annoying is that I can even have 2 or 3 bars or service on Sprint's network, and go to make a call...it will instantly fail and tell me Network Disconnected. Lame.

Now I've got a brand new problem with this hunk of junk. Even while just using it as a PDA, it will frequently freeze up for about 5 seconds. Then it's good for a minute. Then it will freeze up again...
  18.    #38  
    # to Tier II?

What's re-provisioning? Like a recalibration? I think they did that once before and i immediately noticed that it was faster.
    At first my treo600 didn't have any problems. Then all of a sudden while using pdanet I started getting disconnected within a minute. I updated my firmware to the newest version, and now it seems like my service has just gone to pot. I go from three bars of service to no service as soon as I hit call, and if I try redialing after it disconnects me it usually locks up hard. The only way to get it working again is by resetting it through the pinhole. It seems like it's a software problem more than anything, but it really is frustrating.
    SOB! A couple months ago I took my phone back to the rockville sprint store to get replaced for the "network search" problem. The tech said nothing was wrong with it and they told me to use the phone in the store to call sprint. Sprint lady did a look up on my ESN and said it was in the range of phone with this problem and told me to tell the support guy this so he could replace it. LO AND BEHOLD I see this list, and my phone with the network search problem was replaced with ANOTHER phone that is in the same Network Search problem range that was a KNOWN ISSUE when the replacement was made. So now I have another ticking time bomb waiting to fall apart again? assholes. Anyone have a phone in that range and never got the network search issue crop up on them?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast