1.    #1  
    Can anyone think of a way to recover from a hard reset using the wireless connection? I am thinking if I had a way to get Mergic VPN loaded using the www, I could then sync with my desktop using the wireless connection.

Another option might be to backup to an SD card and recover from it. Can an SD card be used this way?
    Quote Originally Posted by ddeger
    Another option might be to backup to an SD card and recover from it. Can an SD card be used this way?
    Backupman + SD Card + current backup = On the fly restore from hard reset.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks,

It makes me unhappy that I have to spend that kind of money because they can't make a handheld that doesn't loose its data.
    Thanks,

It makes me unhappy that I have to spend that kind of money because they can't make a handheld that doesn't loose its data.
    If you can build a better mousetrap (treo) the world will beat a path to your door.
    Thanks,

huh?

My treo (or my visors before them) rarely had hard resets that forced them to loose all their data. I often put 3rd party or beta software on the devices that caused problems and forced me to hard reset, but that wasn't usually anyones fault but my own. In order to be able to add new software, the device needs to hold the apps in something less fixed than ROM. That said...

1. You can restore from the backup you have synced on your regular computer with the software that was provided by palm/handspring.

2. For an extremely expensive $10, you can get backupman which allows you to make on the fly backups of your device to an SD card. A great solution that I use often, as I often beta test software.
  6.    #6  
    Turns out my hard reset was due to a hardware problem. I got a replacement Treo and all is well.

ddeger