Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What makes a TREO a TREO?

PalmOne has discussed multiple communicating devices as being "converged" which the historical TREOs, of course, aren't (they are single do-all devices).

So what defines a TREO?

How far can PalmOne stretch it to call the Next Big Thing a TREO?
    TREO is a brand name....so if they want to release a device and call it a TREO, I think it's within their rights.

Is there a point to the question?
  3.    #3  
    Yes, the question is the point.

Now if you're going to start Yet Another Diatribe Against SeldomVisitor please simply go away - I want answers from those who care about TREOs, not posters.

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor

Now if you're going to start Yet Another Diatribe Against SeldomVisitor please simply go away - I want answers from those who care about TREOs, not posters.

Thanks in advance.
    Huh?

Thanks in advance.
    I second that....huh?

Where did I start a diatribe against you? I answered and then asked a simple question. Silly me thought that was allowed.
  6.    #6  
    [getting thread back on topic]

PalmOne has discussed multiple communicating devices as being "converged" which the historical TREOs, of course, aren't (they are single do-all devices).

So what defines a TREO?

How far can PalmOne stretch it to call the Next Big Thing a TREO?
    Reposting the exact same statements really cleared things up, thanks.

DISCLAIMER: This is NOT a diatribe against ANYONE

-Joe
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    ...multiple communicating devices as being "converged" which the historical TREOs, of course, aren't (they are single do-all devices).
    there seems to be a lot more behind this question, and simply restating it doesn't help those of us who can't figure out what you are really asking.

you indicate that a single do-all device does not qualify as a convergent device - I disagree. what am I missing ?
    hi what is the letter all about?
    a treo is a converged cell-phone, pda, .... hmmmm never could figure out what the third part was! Maybe 1+1 = 3!

Actually, to me it is a Visorphone in a better package
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    treo could mean #1 pilot, #2 visor, #3 Treo........

Depends on what your definition of a "converged" device is. To me, the Treo is such a device. I used to carry a phone and a pda. Now I just use a phone.

But it's all just semantics.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    a treo is a converged cell-phone, pda, .... hmmmm never could figure out what the third part was! Maybe 1+1 = 3!

Actually, to me it is a Visorphone in a better package
    i believe the beeper is the 3rd item to be converged.

the treo is supposed meld a phone, pda and beeper. I think the beeper part gets a short straw of the 3.

that gives them alot of latitude in calling almost anything a treo. they can improve any of the 3 and add ohere (like camara).

I think they can use treo name for a very long time.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    1- PDA
    2- Phone
    3- Internet

Treo
    1) Peace
    2) Harmony
    3) Understanding
    The Toad
    Hey Seldom Visitor:
    In communication, the party responsible for achieving understanding is the sender, not the receiver. Next time trying being a little more specific and less obtuse.
    Hey Seldom Visitor:
    In communication, the party responsible for achieving understanding is the sender, not the receiver. Next time trying being a little more specific and little less obtuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo
    Hey Seldom Visitor:
    In communication, the party responsible for achieving understanding is the sender, not the receiver. Next time trying being a little more specific and little less obtuse.
    Didn't you just say that??

Well said.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    . . . a series of unexplained questions with no answers probably doesn't constitute a thread either Mr. [getting thread back on track] Visitor.

Who cares why its called a TREO. They could have called it a Banjo for all I care
    That's odd . . . that doesn't normally happen . . .
  20.    #20  
    Well, I see that was a totally wasted thread!

Lol!

Only a couple folks knew the history behind the TREO thus the validity of the question.

Sigh.

Okie dokie - off to a different message board where there might be a better response!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast