Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by theguyyo
    1- PDA
    2- Phone
    3- Internet

Treo
    WE HAVE A WINNER!
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Well, I see that was a totally wasted thread!

Lol!

Only a couple folks knew the history behind the TREO thus the validity of the question.

Sigh.

Okie dokie - off to a different message board where there might be a better response!
    This was your idea of a test or something? What the three things Handspring converged into one device are??? Sheesh.

To say you have issues would be one of the biggest understatements ever made in this forum. And yes, consider this a diatribe if you makes you feel self important and superior.

Whatever.

-Joe
    According to the Business 2.0 article on PalmOne, Felipe is right on this one. Hawkins was on Wall Street in 2000 when a banker "thrust her Nokia phone, Palm V organizer, and Blackberry pager at him and cried, "Can't you make one device that does all this?" He then set about transforming his Visor into a real phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by khornet93
    According to the Business 2.0 article on PalmOne, Felipe is right on this one. Hawkins was on Wall Street in 2000 when a banker "thrust her Nokia phone, Palm V organizer, and Blackberry pager at him and cried, "Can't you make one device that does all this?" He then set about transforming his Visor into a real phone.

yes!!!!

i knew i read it recently.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    You ask a question and aviod clarifying it, then indicate a conclusion without iedntifying what "history" you're talking about. The purpose of a discussion board is to, uh, discuss.... not pontificate.

you seem to possess a higher sense of enlightenment than any of us mere mortals here.... sorry we wasted your time here.

I have learned one lesson - I'll be more likely to ignore threads started by SeldomVisitor.
    A treo is a steaming pile of crap.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=52485
    Hey, everyone before you continue to sit here and further squabble over this here's some true enlightenment for you. Remember that in the end a rose is still a rose by any other name. Try not to perceive all as it "seems" to be, but as it really is. (Remember, there is no spoon! hehe)

Oh, and SeldomEnthused heres a thought: If the human mind did not analyze, categorize, and memorize all that it encounters what would labels really matter? They wouldn't. Fortunately/Unfortunately the mind's primal tendancy is to do so and thus labels are created for all things perceived. But see, what we forget is that the mind would still acutely recall everything experienced in an encounter, with or without a label. Labels are generally devised by the mind for communicatory purposes.

Imagine this:
    This is a bit extreme but close your eyes and imagine being blind, deaf and completely alone all your life. Now imagine touching water for the first time. How do you label the experience of "wet"? The answer is simple: you don't. There's no reason to and hence, there is no desire to. You're thoughts are simply categorized by the actual recollections of your experiences. Labels are redundant.

So SeldomSatisfied, what I would like to know is why it really matters to YOU why anything is labeled anything at all? Do you perhaps find that labels "enhance" your experiences in some way? Please, enlighten me.
  8.    #28  
    Amazing how the Mob Mentality takes over.

Fascinating.

Scary.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    How can there be a mob when we are all in different geographies and time zones.

You are a troll.
    That's odd . . . that doesn't normally happen . . .
  10.    #30  
    Kid - I asked an honest straightforward question: "What makes a TREO a TREO".

With the exception of a slight gaff of using "do-all" rather than "converged" (thus inadvertantly de-emphasizing the important words "multiple" and "single" - mea culpa) the question was just about as simple and innocent and real as it could be.

Check out the thread.

Mob Mentality in action.

Go **** yourself.

Giggle.
    How IS life living under that bridge?
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    How IS life living under that bridge?
    Good song.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    ...the exception of a slight gaff of using "do-all" rather than "converged"

I was still looking forward to your answer on that, and now I have one. Stop classifying people. There's no mob here. You ask a question, refuse to clarify, then make a comment that appears to take a poke at people for not being on the same intellectual plain as yourself. You might have a bunch of agitated individuals, but certainly not a mob here (don't flatter yourself).

If you run into a convenient store, jab a customer in the eye, run outside, run back in and do it again, and again, and again - when these folks all meet you in the parking lot is not the definition of mob mentality.

Did you actually have a purpose in this thread, but it seems your only objective was to incite some discord. Your final comments seem to prove that.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    i believe the beeper is the 3rd item to be converged.

the treo is supposed meld a phone, pda and beeper. [...]
    You are correct. That was the original philosophy. It was basically melding the Visor, Visorphone, and Blackberry functionality. Too bad they let slip that they were killing the Visor too early.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    I vote that TC close this thread and allow all to go to the alley and finish this rampage....
    The Toad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12