1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of a secure email client for PalmOS. My sys admin wants to shut down our POP and IMAP support because they require you to send your username and password in clear text. Is their anyway around this? A way to use ssh with POP? A client that supports a secure access method.

Thanks.
    If you have T-Mobile, you can buy the unlimited internet plan at $20/month and use the T-Mobile VPN for secure connection to your corporate e-mail.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Ask your admin if they can support pop3 or imap over ssl. If so, there are a few choices. For pop3-ssl, Eudora and Snappermail. For imap-ssl, versamail, Chatter (I think) and snappermail 2.0 (I think). As for the vpn solution, it might work for you, but the only vpn client I have found that works is MergicVPN which only supports PPTP...I would need IPsec. Good luck!

HTH,
    Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Ask your admin if they can support pop3 or imap over ssl. If so, there are a few choices. For pop3-ssl, Eudora and Snappermail. For imap-ssl, versamail, Chatter (I think) and snappermail 2.0 (I think). As for the vpn solution, it might work for you, but the only vpn client I have found that works is MergicVPN which only supports PPTP...I would need IPsec. Good luck!

HTH,
    Joe
    Snappermail 1.9.2 does normal and ssl pop
    Snappermail 2.0 beta does normal and ssl pop and imap

Chatter does normal and ssl imap.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    Chatter does normal and ssl imap.
    How does one configure Chatter for imap-ssl? I remember reading once that it was possible, but have not yet figured out how...
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    How does one configure Chatter for imap-ssl? I remember reading once that it was possible, but have not yet figured out how...
    In the 'Inbox' window, bring up the menu and select 'edit folder'
    fill in the appropriate entries in the 'Define', 'Deliver', and 'Notify' screens, and click on the green check box on the 'Define' screen when you are done.

To sync another folder, do the same procedure using the screens which come up under 'New Folder'.