Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I'm considering buying some ebooks, but for the same price, I'd almost rather have a paper hard copy.

Can someone tell me if they like ebooks more than paper copies and if the reading experience is really what its claimed to be?
    Get @ me
    there's nothing like the feel of a paper book.
    that said, ebooks are very good replacements for on the go, when you're stuck waiting, and when you don't have room for books. the reading experience, in my opinion, takes a little getting used to, but it's quite comfortable. oh, and at www.palmdigitalmedia.com if you're a newsletter subscriber, you get a discount. I find most of my popular new releases there for less than at the bookstore.
    Quote Originally Posted by hypesteve
    I'm considering buying some ebooks, but for the same price, I'd almost rather have a paper hard copy.

Can someone tell me if they like ebooks more than paper copies and if the reading experience is really what its claimed to be?

FYI, you can find tons of FREE ebooks on various sites including memoware, ficitonwise and gutenberg...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Give it a try with a free book first if your not sure.
    I use mobipocket (www.mobipocket.com) reader and have moved my $100+ a month book habit to almost 90% ebooks. An edition to the free sites listed above is baen.com They have a free library that contains a TON of free books from mainstream authors. (They are almost exclusivley SCIFI) They are the ones that originialy got me into ebooks. I tried a free one of thiers via the web, didnt like reading online, so I printed off the chapters, quickly got frustratied with an 8x11 sheet of paper, then saw this little link to the palm ebook reader and file.....a few short minutes later I was hooked. One of the main reasons I bought a TREO was that I was going to upgrade from my palmV with 2meg so that I could read complete books without having to break them into smaller sections by hand. When I went looking for a cheep palmV upgrade I came across this site and the TREO....6 months later I have over 100 ebooks on my SD card and have never been happier.
    The main advantage of the ebooks is of course, that they are always with you without carrying weight. I like the built-in booklight- doesn't keep my husband awake when I have insomnia. For recent books at small discount (some bargains) with photos included for biography nuts like me, see www.palmdigitalmedia.com. Sign up for their weekly newsletter to get discounts.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    One more thing, palmdigitalmedia has a proprietary reader that can be set to be the default reader for your generic doc pdb's. If you buy the pro reader and font pack, you have a nice choice of fonts, sizes, and screen colors. Darker background is better at night, and whiter background for days.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.