1.    #1  
    Here is the deal. Had a 180....then a 270....hated them both. Terrible battery...terrible screen...flimsy cover. Fled to Blackberry 6510 and love it. Of course now I have to also tote around my Sony UX50 (tough problem :-) ). Would like to come back to Treo if you guys can tell me if the battery can handle reasonable Palm use, phone use, and 2 way messaging. Also is there a Blackberry like interface available for it so email can be pushed "real time"? I could care less about the camera so not using that as a factor....would like to have the convenience of Treo but worried that with mod use I could be out my phone, organizer and email in one fell swoop!!!
    Thanks.
    The battery life is awsome in the Treo 600. I use it heavily txt messaging and making calls. I also use it to check my POP mail. The Blackberry program for the palm OS won't be out any time soon. But you can use www.good.com as an alturnitive to Blackberry. As for removing the camera you are on your own for that one my friend....

Timmmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I have to disagree with bigredgpk.

The battery is my one and only complaint about the Treo 600. I could care less about a hi-resolution screen or bluetooth. However, the battery doesn't seem to last long enough and it's not removable. Don't get me wrong, I always am able to make it through an entire day but I do find that I have to charge my Treo every single night. I am a heavy user, so keep that in mind. I find the battery level drops quickly. I keep an auto charger in my car and the extended battery in my bag just in case I ever get really close to running out.

It's not enough of an issue to make me say, don't get the Treo 600. But if you're a heavy user know that you'll probably have to invest a little more in items like an auto charger and or extended battery.
    Heavy usage, especially data, does take a battery down in a long (12 hour) work day. It's great under light usage - I was in the boonies in Vermont and had Wireless Mode OFF, and it went 3 for 3 days of light camera / video / ebook reading (maybe 2-3 hours / day) and still had 60% battery.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the thoughts. Eric I am from Hartford although recently relocated to NY.
    My concern is that as a physician I REALLY cannot have both things go down with a dead battery like the 270 did frequently. I am certainly do not have more than an hour of pda usage during the day but do want my messages to be pushed to me and probably have1-1.5hrs of phone usage. So what I am getting is that I can make it through a day..which would be cool...what about in low signal areas...is that going to rapidly kill this battery (ie less than a day). Anyone have experience with "www.good.com"
    I'm wondering if there isn't some causal factor for battery life to blow. I am not getting anywhere near the listed talk/standby battery time. I figure either there's something that I could be configuring that's sucking up juice or there's a problem with my battery. If anyone has any enlightenment they'd be willing to bestow upon me before I go back to the store to try and get a new battery I'd appreciate it.
    Having to throw an extra battery in a bag isn't a big problem for me. eBay is nice BTW. I bought two car chargers and an extra battery with eBay. I love my Treo600 and while battery drain could be a problem, I am a heavy user myself as I do PC repair on-call. I have only had to fish out the extra battery a couple times over the last 2 months. My guess is that with some technical prowess, even the 'internal' battery can even be replaced over time. I don't imagine it's nearly as much of an issue as it once reportedly was. I would wait for the 610 though because memory will double and camera quality will too. That's just rumor though. I can't confirm but have no reason not to believe it's true. I imagine end of June and 610 will be available. Good luck with your purchase. Come back and tell us how you like it.
    Previous User of T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition, Now Using T-Mobile Treo 600, Firmware v3.05, Software v600-1.12-ROW, Palm OS v5.2.1, Hardware B, Handspring Phone v1.0
    I use my treo on a fairly heavy basis. Probably 2 hrs on the phone another 2 to 3 doing email and text messages and heavy PDA usage.

I always make it through the day, sometimes with the battery @ 20% or so. Take the time to top off your treo's charge as these batteries seem to like frequent top offs rather than long deep charges.

I don't ever remember not having to charge my cell phone nightly or replace the batteries in my Visor Platinum. I don't understand why people have a tough time with battery life. It's tons better than my old 300 or cell phone I had.

Especially since this critter does so much more. I love mine and will only change when the new model comes out!

Don't worry, come on home to the treo ... or in your case the Treo.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    The battery can be drained faster than normal if the phone is in a marginal coverage area. Treohelper is an ideal application to meet this challenge. It will shut down the phone portion if no signal is detected for a certain period of time, then wake back up and attempt to reconnect at schedulked intervals. I find this helpful in the areas that I work in.

I have a friend at work with another GSM phone that also drains faster than normal in the marginal signal environment. This is not a T600 specific problem, although the treohelper solution is a T600 specific solution.
  10.    #10  
    Ok..so it sounds like I can make it through the day ..the goal. No problem throwing it on the charger in the evening. What about pushed email. Anyone have any experience there with the Treo. Again looking for "real time" not interval wake-ups and scanning for new mail. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDoc
    Ok..so it sounds like I can make it through the day ..the goal. No problem throwing it on the charger in the evening. What about pushed email. Anyone have any experience there with the Treo. Again looking for "real time" not interval wake-ups and scanning for new mail. Thanks.
    I checked my email with it today 3 times and I was in a "marginal coverage area" with 2 bars showing in signal strenghth. I talked on it several times during the day in some "good coverage areas". When I got home I had over 70% battery life left. I haven't even gotten a car charger for it yet. I intend to but it's got plenty of juice for me. I consider myself a heavy-moderate user.
    Previous User of T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition, Now Using T-Mobile Treo 600, Firmware v3.05, Software v600-1.12-ROW, Palm OS v5.2.1, Hardware B, Handspring Phone v1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDoc
    Anyone have any experience there with the Treo. Again looking for "real time" not interval wake-ups and scanning for new mail. Thanks.
    Depends, will you be using the GSM or CDMA version?

If you go with Sprint, you can achieve this via Business Connection.
  13.    #13  
    Thanks guys. Now the questions is wait for the new model or jump in. Anyone here anything when the new one would be released?