1.    #1  
    I have been looking around a lil bit on the internet and was wondering if it were possible to use a prepaid internet to phone service such as dial pad or net2phone...etc but just through the Treo 600's web browser since I have T-Mobile's unlimited internet plan and I didnt wanna spend minutes doing this if it it can be done just via the internet. This way I could make international calls via the treo web browser (tmobile internet gprs) and just have to pay for the calling rates with a credit card and not worry about my tmobile plan minutes.
    Live Fast & Die Young : It's Better To Burn Out Than Fade Away.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoholic
    I have been looking around a lil bit on the internet and was wondering if it were possible to use a prepaid internet to phone service such as dial pad or net2phone...etc but just through the Treo 600's web browser since I have T-Mobile's unlimited internet plan and I didnt wanna spend minutes doing this if it it can be done just via the internet. This way I could make international calls via the treo web browser (tmobile internet gprs) and just have to pay for the calling rates with a credit card and not worry about my tmobile plan minutes.

The only way to do this is via a VoIP (voice over IP) connection. Other services like Net2phone use a regular PBX backend that connect to their servers to transmit over the internet (as I understand it). This is convenient b/c you don't need a computer to make calls, and you can use a regular phone line etc. Unfortunately, the only VoIP client (Gphone) that I'm aware of for PalmOS is not compatible yet with the Treo as per the link provided above. However, I have successfully used VoIP on my PC when using the Treo as modem...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    hey gfunk I just read that thread you posted and Ive had the same cannot login problem but towards the end of that thread some1 did mention that he was able to use gphone on his sprint treo...I'd like to know what exactly he did....although I'm a tmobile unlimited internet (19.99 vpn) user im pretty sure this is possible....i mean gprs isnt that slow...if I can stream 128 kbps online radio stations (atleast in my area) im sure voip is possible....also does gphones direct ip to ip work??? (im gonna try it out)
    Live Fast & Die Young : It's Better To Burn Out Than Fade Away.