1.    #1  
    Everytime I hotsync, it:

1) asks for a password (the same pasword I use to mask records on Treo)

2) asks for user name (hotsync id)

3) performs "restore handheld database" as if I hard reset device.

How do I get back to normal? I already uninstalled & reinstalled palm desktop software...
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    Everytime I hotsync, it:

1) asks for a password (the same pasword I use to mask records on Treo)

2) asks for user name (hotsync id)

3) performs "restore handheld database" as if I hard reset device.

How do I get back to normal? I already uninstalled & reinstalled palm desktop software...
    1. Do you have the password "required" (Palm Desktop/Tools/Options/Security)?

3. Make sure that under Palm Desktop/HotSync/Custom you have the conduits setup to "Synchronize the files" (most of them) and for System "Handheld overwrites Desktop".

I'm not sure about #2, but maybe 1 and 3 will take care of it.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  3.    #3  
    Thanx for your quick response but I already had all that done. It just thinks I'm doing a hard reset whenever I hotsync. And separately, it asks for my password before I hotsync. Very strange. Only happened after doing damn update!
  4.    #4  
    Bump
    Have you tried running the update again and reloading all the apps?
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    Thanx for your quick response but I already had all that done. It just thinks I'm doing a hard reset whenever I hotsync. And separately, it asks for my password before I hotsync. Very strange. Only happened after doing damn update!

Had that happen to me. It's part of the update routine that it automatically restores your treo after performing the Rom update. It probably is doing this b/c you somehow interupted the restore step when you initally did the update. I searched for a while on how to disable the dang thing, but didn't find anything... I know and recall reading somewhere there was a hotsync command to do this, but I was tired and gave up...

Anyway, there are a couple ways you can fix this. First is to delete and reinstall the Palm Desktop which sux! You don't wanna do that. The other is to just let the stupid hotsync restore your Treo. Just make sure you backup your treo with backupman or something and let it restore the treo on the next hotsync. After is restores, hotsync again to make sure it doesn't try to repeat the restore (if it does, I don't know what tell ya, except for the former option). Afterwards, you can just restore from your SD backupset etc to get back to your latest info. It worked for me...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  7.    #7  
    Thanx Gfunk but I did try all that but it wants to "restore" every time I hotsync. As far as I know I did not interrupt the update process! I guess I'll redo the update & see what happens...
  8.    #8  
    I tried hard reset, update & it hotsynced just fine afterwards on a fresh, empty Treo. After I did a full restore via sd card, it went back to same crap. I fixed it though by just creating a new hotsync id & using multiuser hack to rename all of my paid apps back to old hotsync id. A little bit of pain but hotsyncs fine now!
    Hmmm...weird, but I am glad that is working now.