1.    #1  
    I have a new Treo 600, which I bought without a phone account simply b/c I wanted to slip my old SIM into it. Everything works fine, except I can't get or send email or access the net... My phone a/c has standard GPRS associated with it (its a Danish account), but I don't have an APN no. (or address?). I'm trying to use Treo's 'Wireless Modem dial-up' option in network prefs, with the dial-up ISP Iberpass (iberpass.com) to access my email. Use to work fine when I was using previous Palm (Zire 71) with mobile phone and infrared. Now, though, the dial-up starts up, then tells me its signing on, then after few secs just disconnects without getting to email... Am I even able to use a Dial-up ISP with Treo (using ), or not??? HELP PLEASE......
    You have to setup the GPRS connection properly. The secondary connection you tried to use would require CSD data services - there is no guarantee that the Danish carrier supports this service. It may never work or you have to activate dial-up CSD services on your acccount in addition to GPRS.

Call up your carrier in Denmark and get the APN settings for GPRS - this will definitely work. You may be able to use this page to get them settings (not sure how often it gets updated): http://www.taniwha.org.uk/gprs.html

Make sure they give you the APN for open Internet access and not the WAP APN. If they set up your datasoc (their term for a GPRS provisioning) to the WAP APN, you will not be able to surf the web or send email normally.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Poryphyron
    You have to setup the GPRS connection properly. The secondary connection you tried to use would require CSD data services - there is no guarantee that the Danish carrier supports this service. It may never work or you have to activate dial-up CSD services on your acccount in addition to GPRS.

Call up your carrier in Denmark and get the APN settings for GPRS - this will definitely work. You may be able to use this page to get them settings (not sure how often it gets updated): http://www.taniwha.org.uk/gprs.html

Make sure they give you the APN for open Internet access and not the WAP APN. If they set up your datasoc (their term for a GPRS provisioning) to the WAP APN, you will not be able to surf the web or send email normally.
    Thanks a lot! You have helped me a great deal and saved me some headaches... They had only given me the wap access details and I tried the others listed at taniwha.org for my phone supplier and found that they seem to work fine. So, I think I'm OK with GPRS. I will need to look into the dial-up later, just as a backup. I travel a lot around the world and I'm not yet sure that GPRS would be accessible in as many places as the dial-up server I've been using in the past... But thanks again for taking time to respond!!