1.    #1  
    its funny ...
    why hasnt palm dekstop has a passwrod to protect ANYONE from even accessing my contacts and datebook and memo ...

hmmm imagine u have a family computer and u had your palm dekstop installed there .. your wife uses the computer .. opened the palm dekstop and see what u gonna do today ...

floating event = strip club

damnit .. lol

i know theres private masked record .. but wouldnt it be easier it would just popup a password on startup ... coz u know ... its really tedious to make everything private after you have like 1000++ contacts ...

any suggestion on solving this ?
    Don't spell out "strip club"! Use codewords like "Charity Event" or "Wildlife Preservation Council Meeting", or

Get an operating system that you can create a separate account for each family member and restrict access to the Palm Desktop. However, this would generate lots of suspicion. So I would stick with the first suggestion.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by xaix
    its funny ...
    why hasnt palm dekstop has a passwrod to protect ANYONE from even accessing my contacts and datebook and memo ...

hmmm imagine u have a family computer and u had your palm dekstop installed there .. your wife uses the computer .. opened the palm dekstop and see what u gonna do today ...

floating event = strip club

damnit .. lol

i know theres private masked record .. but wouldnt it be easier it would just popup a password on startup ... coz u know ... its really tedious to make everything private after you have like 1000++ contacts ...

any suggestion on solving this ?
    I might be missing something here but Palm Desktop does have password protection so on startup, you must enter a password (a password must be set on your Treo).

Go to tools/options/security in Palm Desktop and check the box "Requires password to access the Palm Desktop".

This will only apply to the current user so each user can set their own password (if they wish).

I use it all the time and so far so good, my wife hasn't found the appointments to the strip-club
    www.gsmworld.com
  4.    #4  
    wow i never knew about that
    thanks for the tip no no one can access my palm desktop
    yeahaaa !
    Quote Originally Posted by xaix
    wow i never knew about that
    thanks for the tip no no one can access my palm desktop
    yeahaaa !
    Pleasure
    www.gsmworld.com
    Anyone can still view your datebook.dat file with a text editor and see the content though - You really need to use an encryption application if you want to keep data safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poryphyron
    Anyone can still view your datebook.dat file with a text editor and see the content though - You really need to use an encryption application if you want to keep data safe.
    Opening the desktop diary could be an innocent mistake, if they're going to go open the datebook file with a text editor then you've already been rumbled. Look out for shady characters doggin your footsteps!
    ----------
    The South Pole is at the top of the world.