1.    #1  
    I have SMTP working fine, but I don't want my emails to say "monk@sprintpcs.com on behalf of monk@monkworld.com" etc. I am now getting a lot of people who reply to the sprint email and I don't remember to check it.

I wish that Sprint would let us disable this feature.
    cant you set up your email client to use the "reply to" feature?

when a person replies to your email, it will end up where the "reply to" email address points to.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    What email program are you using?
    In the SMTP setting, are there separate settings for smtp server, authentication, and email address? If so, you likely don't have to use your sprintpcs address in the email address.

Unless you are talking about picture mail. I never found a way around that.
  4.    #4  
    I have my email address in there, but the Sprint server places *@sprintpcs.com on behalf of *@realdomain.com" into the sender field. It's usually ok, but when people forward my emails, both addresses become clickable and I just would rather not have to check my sprint PCS mail. thanks for any insights!
  5.    #5  
    Yeah, I don't want Sprint modifying my sender information.
    If I understand your question correctly, then this should work for you (http://www.fastmail.fm/). There is a one-time fee of $14.95.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk
    I have SMTP working fine, but I don't want my emails to say "monk@sprintpcs.com on behalf of monk@monkworld.com" etc. I am now getting a lot of people who reply to the sprint email and I don't remember to check it.

I wish that Sprint would let us disable this feature.
  7.    #7  
    This may do the trick. I will let you know how it goes! Thanks!
  8.    #8  
    BY GUM, that did it!

I highly recommend this webmail service. You can strip the "sent by sprintpcs on behalf of" from your emails, and the web access is really, really fast. No images on the site either. It will be great when accessed over PDAnet too.

Can receive mail from 4 different accounts and reply to them with your own domain as the sender. Currently, I am only using the SMTP, though.
    I'm glad that suggestion worked out for you. I've been using their service for about a year now, and I've been pleased with it.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks a ton. I tried to enter your moniker there as a referral but it doesn't seem like you use the same name for your account there.

For Sprint Treo owners, this is a great thing to have. Great webmail interface that lets you send as if from your own address and SMTP that doesn't make it look like it's coming from a Sprint phone.
    Thanks, I completely forgot that they have a referral credit. You're right, this service can be pretty useful for us folks with a Sprint T600.
    Last edited by paulsjmail; 05/26/2004 at 11:39 PM.
    I still don't know what program you are using to send mail. I've used several different email clients on my treo with smtp.sprintpcs.com as my smtp server and no one ever sees my sprintpcs address.

But I agree that fastmail is a good service.
  13.    #13  
    I use the mail application from palm one and also eudora. in both clients, i'd get the "on behalf of language."
    yahoo's paid subscription also allows smtp relaying. 1 year is $10