1.    #1  
    My handwriting has never been stellar, but it has been legible since high school....that is until I got my Treo 270. While writing a note to my wife this weekend I realized my handwriting quality has deterioriated BIG TIME.

Anybody else noticing this?

P.S. I haven't timed my self, but I can thumb type with the best of them.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    what is this "writing" thing ???
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    what is this "writing" thing ???
    'Writing," a practice from way back in the 1990's, where people used a stylus-like insturment (circa early 2000's) in a manner where the strokes left marks on paper rather than on-screen.

I know it sounds wierd, but that's how people used to record information.
    Last edited by shopharim; 05/17/2004 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Mis-typed
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    'Writing," a practice from way back in the 1990's, where people used a stylus-like insturment (circa early 2000's) in a manner where the strokes left marks on paper rather than on-screen.

I know it sounds wierd, but that's how people used to record information.
    So, if you wanted to send it to someone, how would you do that?
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    I realized my handwriting quality has deterioriated BIG TIME.

Anybody else noticing this?

Nah, man. Your handwriting is as good as its ever been

but seriously, yes i have. I hate writing anything longhand. Frankly its out of laziness rather than lost talent. I prefer to type everything out nowadays.

Someone asks me for my email or sn and its like ugh.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    ...left marks on paper rather than on-screen.

paper ??
    My handwriting has gone to crap also. I remember when I was learning Grafitti on my first Palm, I started using the strokes in real writing. Im a keyboard person myself. Dont ask me to write a check!
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    My handwriting has gone to crap also. I remember when I was learning Grafitti on my first Palm, I started using the strokes in real writing. Im a keyboard person myself. Dont ask me to write a check!
    check? that is what online banking is for.

my penmanship always sucked, so I cant blame it on graffitti, but graffitti did work its way into my everyday writing.

now, i'm shocked that 's dont show up when i'm typing on the pc.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    So, if you wanted to send it to someone, how would you do that?
    There were these machines called faxes that would eat your piece of paper and then regurgitate it out from another fax machine that your friend would have. Don't ask me how all that paper fit down that skinny little telephone line cause I sure don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas T
    There were these machines called faxes that would eat your piece of paper and then regurgitate it out from another fax machine that your friend would have. Don't ask me how all that paper fit down that skinny little telephone line cause I sure don't know.
    Anyone know what a "stamp" is?

Someone asked me for one today and all I could tell him was that is was the date and time in the header of my email and I really didn't know a way to give him one unless he wanted me to send him an email.

He looked at me kind of funny ...
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    LOL! When I bought my Visor I didn't have to learn Graffitii 'cause my handwriting already looked like that...PDA picked it up right away ;D
    Visorphone>T180>T600>T650