1.    #1  
    So, I finally found a new home for my trusty 270 and I'm getting it ready to ship. What things should I do to get it ready for it's new owner?

So far I'm going to:

Test it one last time.
    Wipe all data. (any special procedures software to use?)
    Unlock it from Tmobile (and include the unlock code and instructions win box)
    Put everything back in it's original boxes
    Ship it out

Am I forgetting anything?
    You will need to insert a 'foreign', i.e. non-Tmobile, SIM in order to unlock the phone. I have had trouble unlocking my 270 even with the supplied unlock code and a foreign SIM. Wishing you more luck.

I would wipe all the data with a hard reset. I don't think you can get better than that (but I'd be interested to hear if there is something better, or a reason _not_ to use the hard reset).
  3.    #3  
    Thanks! I do want to make sure that I give this phone to the buyer in top working condition.

I keep reading that there an unlock FAQ (with an unlock code) for the Treo with different procedures to try but I can't seem to find one. Does such a FAQ exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Meredyth
    So, I finally found a new home for my trusty 270
    Just curious, what did you get for it?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by coryburton
    Just curious, what did you get for it?
    Just under 200.
    someone wanted to buy mine for $250
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ayana2004
    someone wanted to buy mine for $250
    Well, if they are still looking come summer, send them to me. My hubby has fallen in love with my new 600 and wants to upgrade his 270 as soon as we can finance it.