Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Those of you new to the forum may not know about the Yellow Taxi Easter Egg. There was a lonnnnng thread about this before the TC Crash of '04. To enable the Taxi Easter Egg hit the Apps key (the little house key at the bottom of the keyboard)...Select Preferences...Select General. Now comes the fun part. Using the stylus, draw a little counterclockwise circle in the lower right corner of the screen. If you get it just right, a multicolored Easter Egg magically appears. To disable it, just tap the egg with the stylus.

The Taxi appears intermittently and unpredictably. This has resulted in folks thinking that this is just one big "snipe hunt". Well, doubt no more! I finally managed to photograph the tail end of the Taxi as it was leaving the screen this morning. I was working on something else and had to grab the camera quick. Check out the attached screen shot.

Enjoy,
    EdK
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Handspring Treo 600 R.I.P. ...
    Insurance replacement Sprint Treo 755P ...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    how did you mange to get a picture of that?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    very cool... I havent seen the taxi yet
  4.    #4  
    I was "testing" my son's birthday present and jammin' to ptunes on the Treo. Shhhh! don't tell him he's getting a 2MP digital camera . Something caught the corner of my eye and I grabbed up the Treo and clicked as fast as the camera's shutter lag allowed.

EdK
    16GB iPhone 3G
    That's quite impressive. Getting a shot of the TAXI is tougher than taking a picture of a UFO or Nessy.
    Cool you got the pic I've only seen it once and was so freaked out I didn't have time to react it happened so fast
    Hmm I wonder if something like ScreenShot5 could work while its on the screen. When the taxi is up, the device doesnt really respond to anything. Next time I see it Ill try.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    I love seeing the fat taxi drive by. Just saw it last week.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I've seen it a few times, but always wondered if there was a way to catch a screenshot of it. ScreenShot5 is a really nice program, but I'm using zGrab right now cuz it's free. It's a lot harder to activate than ScreenShot5 is so I'd never manage to capture the taxi...that is if it even can be done that way...
    I an unable to activate the easter egg. If you could take a screenshot and elaborate on the area of the bottom right which you are referring to... tried for a while but no dice =[
    I haven't seen the taxi for a while. A couple weeks ago it seemed like I was seeing it almost daily!

Here's a screenshot of my prefs page.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I get similar behaviour. It seems like every 2 weeks there are a couple of days of numerous taxis, then none at all.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    I get similar behaviour. It seems like every 2 weeks there are a couple of days of numerous taxis, then none at all.
    I was unable to activate the Easter Egg untill I turned off Graffiti Anywhere. Haven't seen the Taxi yet though. Thanks for the screen shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by catbert00
    I haven't seen the taxi for a while. A couple weeks ago it seemed like I was seeing it almost daily!

Here's a screenshot of my prefs page.
    Aha, thanks. Got it now! Hunt that taxi...
    AAAHH NOOO! The taxi went by and I hit opt+spacebar to capture the screen but it wouldnt activate until after it was gone. Oh well.
    I wasted many a good buzz at my favorite pub whilst checking my screen for a taxi. Let me tell you that nothing makes you look more attractive in a bar than staring at your screen and exclaiming "Cool I saw it!" Especially when you realize that you are holding your Treo in your lap. <sound of hand slapping forehead>
    "That's right Ice-man, I am dangerous"
  17.    #17  
    I ran the Sprint 1.2 Update last night and noticed that my egg was gone. You might want to check and see if it's still enabled. I'd hate to wait for a Taxi that will never arrive (Godot driving, of course) ;-).

EdK (from the TC mobile forum - Yay!)
    16GB iPhone 3G
    is there any difference in the sprint firmware of date to the 3.something thats been on the net for ages?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    is there any difference in the sprint firmware of date to the 3.something thats been on the net for ages?
    The Sprint update is for Sprint CDMA phones whereas the other is for GSM only.
    Quote Originally Posted by redshifted
    I ran the Sprint 1.2 Update last night and noticed that my egg was gone. You might want to check and see if it's still enabled. I'd hate to wait for a Taxi that will never arrive (Godot driving, of course) ;-).

EdK (from the TC mobile forum - Yay!)
    Installed the update this am and still have the egg!

Got treo in lap now waiting taxi or ship. lol
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast