Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    o right i get it now thanks alli
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Does the taxi only appears in CDMA (Sprint) phones?
    I have a GSM (international) and have never seen or heard of this Taxi.
    It's cool though...plus I have my screen set up to default which is to turn off after 2 mins or something like that...I want to change it but i don't want for my battery to die fast.
    What's the best setting?
    Will I ever get to see the Taxi?
    Does it appear while you'e doing something on the Treo or only when it's on idle.
    Also, do you have to have a specific FW for the Taxi to appear?

It'd be cool to see it
    I've seen it on my GSM Treo. It can drive by anytime (not only when idle). I was playing Warfare once and it drove by. I've got the original 2.02/1.06-CNG that came on my phone. Apparently this easter egg has been around a while (even pre-Treo).
    The taxi is on almost every Palm OS device, all the way back to OS 1. The egg was added in OS 2.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  5.    #25  
    Has anyone seen the Ship or Gondola on their Treo 600 yet ? I've noticed that the Taxi kind of putts along at different altitudes across the screen. I saw it kind of float/bounce along the top edge of the screen once. It's always moved right-to-left every time that I've seen it.

Still Trying to Correctly Set-up the "New" Mail App ,
    EdK
    Handspring Treo 600 R.I.P. ...
    Insurance replacement Sprint Treo 755P ...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    Oh my god!!!
    I just so the chubby Taxi!!!!
    My life is complete
    Just saw a Chick-Dancing. Ouch...
    Now, I understand what you were talking about. At least, I don't have to blame the Devil for that :P
    Does the taxi make any noise?

I have never seen it.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Have not seen the ship or Gondala. A friend that has my old Treo300 said he saw the ship once. The T300 uses OS3.5.X, wonder if it was lost in 5.X?
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Does the taxi make any noise?

I have never seen it.

Unless you have a defective Treo, in which case the taxi might backfire as it speeds across your screen - no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    Unless you have a defective Treo, in which case the taxi might backfire as it speeds across your screen - no.
    uhhh, so you like, have to, uh, stare at the screen for hours at a time and wait for the taxi to come across the screen?

One question?

What do you people do for fun anyway? Straighten picture frames?
    uhhh, so you like, have to, uh, stare at the screen for hours at a time and wait for the taxi to come across the screen?

One question?

What do you people do for fun anyway? Straighten picture frames?

Pfffffffft! I've had the taxi most often appear in either the phone screen (while I'm talking) or while I'm creating/editing an appointment in Agendus. Of course I'll admit I've also seen the taxi on my solitaires screen. Eventually I'm go ing to capture a screen shot as it chugs by!
    Pfffffffft! I've had the taxi most often appear in either the phone screen (while I'm talking) or while I'm creating/editing an appointment in Agendus. Of course I'll admit I've also seen the taxi on my solitaires screen. Eventually I'm go ing to capture a screen shot as it chugs by!
    Uh, you look at the screen while talking on the phone? I think I have been seated in resturants near you before.

You, "I CANT HEAR YOU!!! SPEAK UP!! HOLY S@%t I JUST SAW THE TAXI!!!"

i had never seen the taxi before and today i saw it twice YAY!!! once in pocket tunes and one in the phone app when on a call on the headset
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I saw the taxi once yesterday & once today. Both times I tried taking a screenshot & it does not work while the taxi is visible.

Kirby
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    Uh, you look at the screen while talking on the phone? I think I have been seated in resturants near you before.

You, "I CANT HEAR YOU!!! SPEAK UP!! HOLY S@%t I JUST SAW THE TAXI!!!"

I'll have you know I use a headset so that I can speak quietly. I don't want the world A) knowing my personal business, B) top secret classified information that I happen to be sharing, or C) how often I see the taxi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exciter
    I saw the taxi once yesterday & once today. Both times I tried taking a screenshot & it does not work while the taxi is visible.

Kirby

I still won't give up. My goal is to get a screen shot of that darn taxi!
    I still won't give up. My goal is to get a screen shot of that darn taxi!
    I've tried that, it won't let you. The treo doesn't respond while the taxi is on screen. I'd be happy to be proven wrong on this one.

-Joe
    You are right ExtraOrdinaryJo...the phone buttons basically freezes and you can't do anything while the taxi is passing.

Hey AC, have you made the easter egg yet?
    you first have to go to pref - select general - and using the stylus, draw a little counterclockwise circle in the lower right corner of the screen.
    If you get it right, a multicolored Easter Egg appears.
    Only then will you have a chance of seeing the taxi (if I'm not mistaken...not sure if you get to see it without making the egg first, but from what I've read it seems not). I saw it a few days after I made the egg appear...oh by the way, I also think you have to leave the egg there (nothing will change...just the egg will be on the bottom corner of the pref's general screen)

Did you see the pic at the beginning of this thread (I posted again for you)? Redshifted manage to get the rear end of the taxi
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast