1.    #1  
    First off, let me say I love the forums very informative , the main reason I purchased the Treo 600 despite the negatives associated with it. Secondly, just a heads up before I get everyone flaming me this is my observation and my opinion if you disagree that is fine.

I also posted here just because I have several questions, comments, and answers to certain polls that others have posted in other forums that I would like to address @ one time. This is the first time Iíve posted but have been reading since January thatís what persuaded me to purchase the Treo.

What is on my treo:
    Firmware 2.12
    Hardware B
    Locked from AT&T
    So first question will the unlock procedure work with this configuration? I received the phone in April so the firmware is newer version than posted for unlocking.

Is there any software to remove files that are no longer needed after using trials, and demos my phone has too many files that I have no idea what they are so using filez to delete is somewhat scary.

When traveling I have read you can be arrested for being uncooperative with a flight attendant where is this information? I would like to know I will be flying soon and feel if I am in the right by using my treo (wireless off); I will continue to use it. Can someone direct me to the laws that address that I would appreciate it. So I can challenge them (in
    a appropriate way)if I am confronted and maybe make it better for all Treo owners (lawyers as friends)

9-ball pinball
    Real world black Jack 1.12(free)
    Filez (free)
    pTunes (free)
    Big clock for treo (free)
    Clock pop (free)
    GTS racing (gift)
    Monopoly (gift)
    Profeo LC (free) light control dims screen @ Night. No need to turn the phone off only phone I own.
    Tiger Golf B&W (gift)
    Dope wars (free)
    Yesterday (free)
    Documents to Go Premium (gift)
    Vegas Slots 1.0 (gift)
    Golf score (free)
    Time Sheet (free) Punch clock

As you can tell Iím thrifty and think the prices for software are outrageous (software developers just in case you are reading) I donít mind sending donations to developers but not $20-$30

1. As for the echo, I have found that most of the time, it is the cell carrier not the phone, I have had the problem as long as I have had a cell phone all different phones next time check the location I will bet it is the same area.
    2. The headset adapter from Radio Shack works just fine after you trim it to the first line.(thanks all in the forum for this little trick) reason for buying didnít have to ship it had it the same day and no shipping charges.
    3. As for camera quality? It is a phone not a camera, if you want great resolution buy a camera. Inside photos great for a phone. I have a $2000 camera (occupation photographer) that takes crappy pictures in low light that is why I have a flash for it also if you would like a little better quality use photo editing software. I cannot live with out it.
    4. Treo 610 Palm is just doing what nokia has done same phone, different carrier different model number very few changes other than the phone.(CDMA, GSM)
    5. The ringers arenít very loud so what we have caller ID and VM just check your phone more often to see if you missed a call no call is that important that you canít call them back.
    6. AT&T service well all carriers are not perfect but soon it will be cingular so the coverage is great with the both of them combined no complaints AT&T 4 years never a problem T-mobile, Sprint in my area is terrible I wouldnít give them to anybody I cared about.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and thanks in advance to any questions answered.
    Love my Treo now I carry only one device instead of four. Thanks everyone on the forum keep up the good work.
    hi i saw a post about dope wars the other day but i cant seem to find can you provide me with a link please
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Oh boy, this thread out to be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by dmnted

Is there any software to remove files that are no longer needed after using trials, and demos my phone has too many files that I have no idea what they are so using filez to delete is somewhat scary.
    Yes, there are several. Do a search on "uninstall" on palmgear or Handango. I use Uninstall Manager.

When traveling I have read you can be arrested for being uncooperative with a flight attendant where is this information? I would like to know I will be flying soon and feel if I am in the right by using my treo (wireless off); I will continue to use it. Can someone direct me to the laws that address that I would appreciate it. So I can challenge them (in
    a appropriate way)if I am confronted and maybe make it better for all Treo owners (lawyers as friends)
    I can't cite the specific law, but here are some basics. First, except for a very few specific rules, the FAA lets the airlines set the rules for use of electronic devices on flights. You can find each airline's policies on their web sites. Second, the federal law has to do with "interfering with a member of the flight crew," which includes Stewies. Since 9-11, the government has gotten much more serious about how they enforce the law, and more than a few people have been taken into custody after getting off a flight for not following instructions from the crew. Have they all been arrested? Probably not, but even at best you're in for major hassle. As far as "challenging" them, remember the old saying: "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar." Being confrontational is almost guaranteed to NOT get you the results you want.

As you can tell Iím thrifty and think the prices for software are outrageous (software developers just in case you are reading) I donít mind sending donations to developers but not $20-$30
    I take it you've never attempted to write software? I don't know where people get the idea that software writes itself. The developer needs to be creative enough to have the idea and flesh it out. Coding, testing, and debugging takes TIME, and lots of it. And the fact that PalmOS programs have to be small doesn't necessarily make them easy to write. In fact, in many cases, it makes them harder to write. When you go to work, do you expect to be paid a reasonable rate for your time? Guess what, so do software authors. Compared to software for a PC, Palm software is dirt cheap. Sure, some individual programs are overpriced for what they are, but $20 - $30 is a bargain for a lot of what's out there.

The choice, however, is yours. You can decide to make due with free, or extremely cheap software, some of which is very, very good. But just understand that by doing so you're limiting the capabilities of a very fine device. Of you can choose to pay market value for software that makes your Treo an incredibly powerful, useful, wonderful tool.

In general, I have a hard time listening to someone who spent $400 to $600 for their device whine about paying $30 for a piece of software to run on it, when the same person probably wouldn't think twice about spending $300 for a piece of software to run on their PC.

3. As for camera quality? It is a phone not a camera, if you want great resolution buy a camera. Inside photos great for a phone. I have a $2000 camera (occupation photographer) that takes crappy pictures in low light that is why I have a flash for it also if you would like a little better quality use photo editing software. I cannot live with out it.
    Nothing personal, (I'm a photographer, too) but if you can't get decent low light images out of your $2000 camera then somethings wrong with your technique, your film selection, or your camera settings. The Treo does have a ****ty camera. Many phones, at much lower prices, have better ones. Some even have flash. Personally, I don't care. I rarely use it. I would have been perfectly happy to pay $50 to $100 less for a version without a camera.
    But that doesn't change the fact that it's a crappy camera.

5. The ringers arenít very loud so what we have caller ID and VM just check your phone more often to see if you missed a call no call is that important that you canít call them back.
    Unless, of course, the person who called you is getting ready to fly out of town and has to turn their phone off. Or is going into a meeting where she can't receive calls. Or the call is about an emergency with your child. Or many, many other situations where time matters. There are loud ringers available which have solved the problem for me, but that doesn't change the fact that the Treo has a ****ty ringer (and a ****ty vibrator), or that phones that are given away free have far better ringers.

6. AT&T service well all carriers are not perfect but soon it will be cingular so the coverage is great with the both of them combined no complaints AT&T 4 years never a problem T-mobile, Sprint in my area is terrible I wouldnít give them to anybody I cared about.
    All carriers have crummy service. Customer surveys show cell carriers at the bottom of the list, with AT&T at the bottom of the bottom. Will it get better after the merger? Maybe, but it could get worse as Cingular tries to deal with millions of additional customers.

As for Sprint, you hit the nail on the head with the phrase "in my area." Every carrier has poor signal quality in some areas, good in others. That's why your choice of carrier has to reflect where you will use your phone.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Oh boy, this thread out to be fun.

Nothing personal, (I'm a photographer, too) but if you can't get decent low light images out of your $2000 camera then somethings wrong with your technique, your film selection, or your camera settings. The Treo does have a ****ty camera. Many phones, at much lower prices, have better ones. Some even have flash. Personally, I don't care. I rarely use it. I would have been perfectly happy to pay $50 to $100 less for a version without a camera.
    But that doesn't change the fact that it's a crappy camera.

You hit it right on the nose where I was going with this, is you can change the settings on a camera for low light situations but not on the treo, the example was even with an expensive camera you can take $***** photgraphs, and I agree it would be nice to not have it but it's a toy use it for what it is nothing more 11x14,s I think not. Not taken personally I can get get the low light shots

thanks for the response I new I would ruffle some feathers but reading the posts for so long I just see alot of people wanting there Treos to fly them to the moon and make them microwave popcorn on the trip. They want everyone to justify buying it just buy it
    for the person looking for dope wars try this:
    http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3002-...5.html?tag=dir
    thanks for the link for dope wars
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    I agree with dmnted...I think that if you pay $600-$700 (I paid $730.00 with shipping as I live in the Caribbean and we have to pay full price since there's no such thing as Service Provider plans) for a phone it should include all and a hell of a lot more gadgets.
    It's not fair that you have to pay all that money for a phone and then have to also pay top $$$ for softwares too...might as well get the cheaper versions and then add all the software at the cost.

The amount of people that buy these softwares more than compensate for the programmer's time and dedication (I admire and respect the accomplishment, and do agree that they have to get paid...but the prices are ridiculous sometimes).

With all the stuff you have to add to the Treo to compensate for it's short-comings, you might as well add another $100-$200 to the Treo's price.

That's just my $.2