1.    #1  
    I keep hitting the SD card and popping it out and I'm afraid its going to pop out and I'll lose it. Is there anyway to lock the card in?
    This is a very well known problem. In fact, I lost a 256mb card 2 weeks ago when it popped out at a bar. Here's what to do. Take a nail file and slowly file down the top of the card until it's even with the top of the phone when in the SD slot. It worked flawlessly. Just be patient with the filing, as if you go to far you could trash the card. I did this with mine and have had no further problems. Good Luck!
    Have used this method, rounding off to a camber for a perfect fit to 5 cards, all fine afterwards, a touch of black marker pen and it looks made to measure (Och, it is M2M :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by originog
    I keep hitting the SD card and popping it out and I'm afraid its going to pop out and I'll lose it. Is there anyway to lock the card in?
    originog ~ I grind the SD card so that it is ~ 0.010" recessed.

This is a significant issue. Many application programs require the SD card.

Prior to grinding the SD card, my Treo would frequently "forget" a card was present. (Bad Thing) This problem evaporated once the SD card was only touched for appropriate reasons.

Having 3 Treo 600s and have modified 1 Sandisk 512 MB Ultra II and 2 Sandisk 256 MB.

This solution voids Mfg SD Card Warranty & the Modified SD Card will no longer work with some SD Card-based devices. Based on physical dimensions, not I/O or Memory Functions. But the benifit is so great, I don't see a choice.

Many Primary Applications require access to the card and you want to take advantage of the SD Card to free up memory.

While I write this, my "Free Space = 19.2M of 23.8M". I have 603 Contact Records (most with extensive notes), use SprintPCS Business Connection, email, daily extensive internet use w/bookmarks, pTunes, RealPlayer, Fotogather, MegaClock, Graffiti Anywhere, a ton of 320 kbps MP3s and jpg images, etc.

I can't structure my Treo in this manner, successfully w/o the SD Card Mod.

Good Luck ~ Carl
    Last edited by ArcBody; 05/09/2004 at 01:07 PM.
    or you could just get a case like the bellagio or whatever that has a little flap ovwer the sd slot but still levaes the camera uncovered
    For an audible solution in case it pops out, take a look at:
    Cardkeeper
    or
    PalmPuke
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    Is it safe to grind away at the card casing?

I have a 512Mb Lexar SD card and I'm worried that I might penetrate the case as there might not be much room left under the plastic.

I tried to pop my card out to see how strong the spring is and my SD card doesn't catapult out of the slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by MC Hammered
    Is it safe to grind away at the card casing?

I have a 512Mb Lexar SD card and I'm worried that I might penetrate the case as there might not be much room left under the plastic.

I tried to pop my card out to see how strong the spring is and my SD card doesn't catapult out of the slot.
    MC Hammered - SD Card Modification is NOT SAFE - VOIDS WARRANTY

My 3 Treo 600s are absent of former frequent (daily) problems caused SD Card discontinuity. It wasn't an issue of card removal. Accidental contact with the protruding card caused card initialization related problems.

Many Treo 600 owners don't use any case at all - based on thread posts. I use a pouch that holds my Treo with or w/o External Battery.

I have had SD Card problems after grind mod. Daily use of SoundRec, MovieRec, Pocket Tunes, RealPlayer, Photogather, etc.

Perspective - I have greater concern regarding physical stress applied to the LCD Display (Screen Protectors). 3 Sprint PCS Units: 1 w/Treo Logo - 2 w/PalmOne Logo. All have "perfect" screens & function w/heavy Graffiti Anywhere use. Same w/my Tungsten W and iQue 3600. No screen protectors, no screen problems. I have no complaints or problems re: Treo Display.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I filed down my Sandisk card and touched it up with a little silver paint. Works flawlessly and looks great. No pop-outs. Just go slow with the filing process. I used a metal file with fine grade first then finished off with a nail file. Fits just like the OEM filler plug. As a matter of fact, I used the filler as the template to mark the real SD card.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcBody
    MC Hammered - SD Card Modification is NOT SAFE - VOIDS WARRANTY

My 3 Treo 600s are absent of former frequent (daily) problems caused SD Card discontinuity. It wasn't an issue of card removal. Accidental contact with the protruding card caused card initialization related problems.

Many Treo 600 owners don't use any case at all - based on thread posts. I use a pouch that holds my Treo with or w/o External Battery.

I have had SD Card problems after grind mod. Daily use of SoundRec, MovieRec, Pocket Tunes, RealPlayer, Photogather, etc.
    I think I'll leave my SD card alone as it has a 5 year warranty on it.

Perspective - I have greater concern regarding physical stress applied to the LCD Display (Screen Protectors). 3 Sprint PCS Units: 1 w/Treo Logo - 2 w/PalmOne Logo. All have "perfect" screens & function w/heavy Graffiti Anywhere use. Same w/my Tungsten W and iQue 3600. No screen protectors, no screen problems. I have no complaints or problems re: Treo Display.
    I cut down my G2 screen protector I used with my Kyocera 6035 and it works great on the Treo. I slipped it under all 4 edges and I have had no screen issues at all. I can wipe off face oil that gets on the screen without a thought and there is no issues with pressure points anywhere.

I highly reccomend this method of screen protection. It can be easily removed with a piece of tape.

Just amke sure you are in a dust free environment when putting the G2 unit on as to not trap any particles under it.
    MC Hammered ~ I respect your decisions and knew I would draw fire for my comments regarding Screen Protectors. 2 points to remember.
    • If you are having card problems, reconsider the SD Card Mod.
    • C3H8O w/ anionic surfactants - you'll love it - really
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    "C3H8O w/ anionic surfactants"- What are you talking about?
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    "C3H8O w/ anionic surfactants"- What are you talking about?
    jlczl ~ If you don't want to make your own, I recommend:

ZEISS Lens Cleaner (Non-Destructive / Anti-Static)

Primary ingredients:

Isopropanol (hydrophilic - absorbs water)

Surfactants: removes oils, dust, schmutz.

After cleaning, surface repells dust / leaves no residue.

Spray it on a NEW / UNUSED MicroFiber Cloth (Not your Treo)

Designed and endorsed for cleaning Zeiss optics,

you will find it useful for the Treo Screen, Laptop LCD, etc.

Packaged in a 3 oz Spray Bottle (will outlast your Treo - Less is More)

Sells for ~ $5.00

Google "Zeiss Lens Cleaner" for vendor of choice.

OBTW:

Windex uses Methanol and is more chemically reactive:

the Treo Case is Injection Molded Thermoplastic

w/decorative & protective coatings

==> Methanol can induce Stress Relief, Crazing, Cracking, etc.
    Last edited by ArcBody; 05/28/2004 at 08:05 PM.