Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, it seems that on this forum there are different sections where the board members share different things such as knowledge, softwares, accessories and so forth. But I haven't seen any thread where you can share ringtones.

It is quite difficult getting free up-to-date ringtones for the Treo600. I'm talking ringtones such as Naughty Girl from Beyonce, I Don't Want You Back from Eamon, Dust Your Shoulder Off from Jay Z, This Love from Marron 5, and the list goes on and on. But you catch my drift.

Instead, most ringtones available for free out there are quite old and others just doesn't sound good when you play them (not to talk about not being loud enough).

So, let's start by sharing the wealth and share ringtones among ourselves in this thread.

I have gathered quite a few, yet not the latest latest, but some decent ones.
    If you have any request let me know and I'll see if I have it or maybe someone else who reads the thread might supply it instead.
    Thanks in advance for the cooperation
  2.    #2  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Favorite for a wake-up alarm.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
  4.    #4  
    Hi ACDriver.

That's a good one, but we need midis and the lastests ones
    We won't be able to use that one as a ringtone unless you have one those programs that allows you to use MP3's as a ringtone.

Hey...so you like the ritmo latino huh (except in english ) !
  5.    #5  
    Hahahaha!
    You are too funny!

You know I did thought about getting one of those programs because Midi's have proven to be a pain.
    I'll check out lightwav.

Hey I don't knock down oldies. You have a specific era, I have none...I like lots of old artist that you probably wouldn't think of listening to...Aerosmith, Airsupply, Aretha Franklin, Carl Carlton, Frank Sinatra, Roberta Flack, Commodores, and the list goes on and on (and it's not age )

PS. just for info purposes, that mp3 you sent me was not Salsa...it's call Cumbia

By the way, how did you get it so small...does lightwav do that too or do you have to get a seperate program for that?
    JoJo_78, I tried Beyonze-CrazyinLove, but I kept getting the message that the midi file is too large. What gives?
    I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    -Sir Winston Churchill.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmoozer
    JoJo_78, I tried Beyonze-CrazyinLove, but I kept getting the message that the midi file is too large. What gives?
    Sorry about that...this one is 74k and midi's have to be lower than 64k to play in the Treo 600.

I cut it and that's how I was able to play it.
    I don't have the editor here though. It's at my boyfriend's office.
    Although, if I'm not mistaken the one he downloaded was free...check google for midi editors...if not holla back.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Cumbia? Isn't that the song we sang in camp around the campfire...."Cumbia here my Lord, Cumbia here, Cumbia here my Lord, Cumbia here........" LOL Do you smell burnt marshmellos and Off?

Lightwav has some suggested software for converting files. I used a software called Lameware....really. It works great...it takes a bit to set it up but works really well. But I think Lightwave has what you will need.

If lightwav doesn't have what you need let me know and I will see if I can find a link for lameware....or do a seach.

It's great fun to have "real" ringers. And you can customize the rings for different callers.
    I tried searching for Lameware and nothing!
    Does lameware edit/cut mp3's?
    Send me a link to Lameware.
    Thanks.
    Here it is. It's part of Goldwave...oops.
    http://www.goldwave.com/release.php
    What does this program do?
    I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    -Sir Winston Churchill.
    so how does one add these ringtones, in whatever form, to their t600?
    Quote Originally Posted by heyknee2
    so how does one add these ringtones, in whatever form, to their t600?
    There are several ways to accomplish this. Card reader is one way to add MP3s or midis to your SD card. The Missing-Sync for the Mac can do this as well. Or, you could email them to yourself (T600).
  12.    #12  
    Here it is. It's part of Goldwave...oops.

http://www.goldwave.com/release.php

Ok, so I download Goldwave..and Lame???

I have something similar to this...it's called AudioEdit. But of course it's the trial and I can't save the edited mp3's.
    Also, it seems as though it would only save the edited mp3 as a wav rather than an mp3.

Do I have to have the full version of GoldWave/Lame to be able to edit the mp3's???
    I am a novice at this, but I used GoldWave to trim the mp3s I wanted as ringers. I saved them as .wav files, though. Is that a bad thing? Is there an advantage to saving them as mp3s? I figured as long as LW and PT worked in harmony, I would be happy. I look forward to your suggestions. The tunes I trimmed and use currently are going to date me significantly, but what the heck...they sound great!
    Queensryche: Jet City Woman, Empire, Open, Silent Lucidity, more.
    Def Leppard: Hysteria, Armageddon It, Rock of Ages, Love Bites, more.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by eEditor
    I am a novice at this, but I used GoldWave to trim the mp3s I wanted as ringers. I saved them as .wav files, though. Is that a bad thing? Is there an advantage to saving them as mp3s?
    No, not really.
    Wav's are better in sound quality (although I doubt that would matter since it'll be played in PTunes through Treo's speakers), however MP3's are smaller in size.

I have GoldWave, the problem is that I don't know how to save the edited songs.
  15.    #15  
    This is too much for me. I am calling Mr. Wizard!

Smiley, can you help with this stuff?
    Hey AC, I sent you a message man.
    How the heck do you edit and save your MP3's in Goldwave.
    I can't them to save.
    It gives me an error responce.
  16.    #16  
    Ok, so I figure out how to save the selection, only that I can only save it as a Wav.
    I rather save them as an MP3 (cause as I said before they are smaller).

How do I do this?
    ACdriver, you sent me that Cumbia from Gloria Stefan, did you do that yourself with GoldWave? And if you did, how did you save it as an MP3 rather than a Wav?
  17.    #17  
    Oh Great! Now I learn that Callshiled (After I paid for it) doesn't play Wav files!!! :Mad:
    So I paid for Goldwave, and I paid for Callshield, and they are of no use to me because I can't seem to save MP3's out of Goldwave and Callshield only assing MP3's.
    This sucks! :Mad: :Mad: :Mad:
    JoJo_78-
    Whenever I get upset about stuff like this, I go to bed and when I wake up the next day, magically someone has an answer. I don't have it, but I'm not opposed to finding out a way to save the clips as mp3's via GoldWave. Let's see what tomorrow brings.
  19.    #19  
    You're right.
    I couldn't figure out how to save the files in the first place.
    Now I know that it's b/c you can't save it as an MP3.

Thanks, any help will be welcomed
    CallShield is adding Wav support.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast