Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by manielse
    CallShield is adding Wav support.
    Why someone would prefer Wav's over MP3's will always be a wonder to me.
    I just isolated the chorus of a song, the wav file is 1.47mb. I then encoded it to MP3 (I finally worked out how to do it) and the same file is 137kb.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Why someone would prefer Wav's over MP3's will always be a wonder to me.
    I just isolated the chorus of a song, the wav file is 1.47mb. I then encoded it to MP3 (I finally worked out how to do it) and the same file is 137kb.
    *Ahem*...would sure like to know how you did it. I am interested in saving some space.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by eEditor
    *Ahem*...would sure like to know how you did it. I am interested in saving some space.
    I did it both with GoldWave. All you need is a audio editor and an encoder.
    GoldWave does both via LAME.

Do you have an audio (song) editor?
    I think GoldWave offers a free trial version. Download it, try it and then you'll see for yourself how much space you'll save.

By the way, when you download GoldWave, make sure you go to LAME and download that too, then you take the file out of LAME named lame_enc.dll (this is what allows GoldWave to encode the wav's to mp3's).

It's worth all the set up. You can have up to 3 mp3's for the space of one wav! THAT makes sense
    Thanks much.
  5.    #25  
    Ok,
    it seems like none wants to sare their Midi's so here are some MP3's i made to use with Lightwav or any program that uses MP3's.
    As I said before these are latest songs to use as rintones.
    Anyone with a request and I can try and help (provided I have the song).
    I'll make more afterwards.

(I would add a lot more but this forum have too many limitations...first the file is too big, then it says you can only put items up to 2MB in size, then when I get it down to 2MB it says the zip can only be 493KB. If someone has a request I will try to comply. I have over 29 MP3 ringtones so far.)
    Attached Files Attached Files
  6.    #26  
    bump
    I'd be glad to share with you
    here is one, for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tymerock; 07/02/2004 at 07:38 AM.
  9.    #30  
    Thank you for the additions guys!
    I will try and post some more later.

Keep them coming!
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    I did it both with GoldWave. All you need is a audio editor and an encoder.
    GoldWave does both via LAME.

Do you have an audio (song) editor?
    I think GoldWave offers a free trial version. Download it, try it and then you'll see for yourself how much space you'll save.

By the way, when you download GoldWave, make sure you go to LAME and download that too, then you take the file out of LAME named lame_enc.dll (this is what allows GoldWave to encode the wav's to mp3's).

It's worth all the set up. You can have up to 3 mp3's for the space of one wav! THAT makes sense
    See, Now you the expert Girl!!! Way to go!
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    We have a shared ringtone area on treo1.com.
    Jim@treo1.com
    <a href="http://treo1.com">
    treo1.com
    One Stop, plain and simple
    <a href="http://treo1.com/index650.htm"> Visit our new Treo650 optimized site!!</a>
    <a href="http://palmoscentral.com"> Visit our new website palmOSCentral.com!</a>
    If you don't want to pay anything for editing or formatting your wav files to mp3, and want simple and complete "swiss knife" soft, just try dBPowerAMP Music Converter. I have just to right-click on a wave file to convert it in mp3 (Lame).
    hhehe i use adobe audition.....lala bittorrent...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12