1.    #1  
    #1 anticipation. (3-4 wks) from the moment you've seen it - either on the web or in someone else's posession - you've drooled over the design, the function, and the pure chic oozing from the control panel. you can't wait to have it. you order it then it's like chinese water torture until the day it arrives.

#2 elation. (3-4 wks) you rip open the box to reveal this precious jewel you've been waiting for. It's more beautiful than you could have ever expected. You have a few more minutes of torture to go through, waiting for it to charge. After that you are engrossed in the manual, playing with all the buttons, and smiling from ear to ear. You can't let it out of your sight - you take it with you everywhere - even the bathroom. You even sleep with it on a pillow next to you while you doze off after staying up until 3AM using it.

#3 inquisitive. (2-3 months) After a week or two of playing around you decide to check out what other apps you can get on the phone. You see that there are a plethora of apps - so many that you don't know when to stop buying them. Every week you acquire a new app and learn how to use it. You still haven't been able to wipe the smile off your face. You're just so happy that you can check your e-mail, IM on AOL, browse the web, easily manipulate your contact list, listen to MP3's, wake yourself up in the morning, and balance your checkbook all from your pocket. (There is also a subset of this phase - it's called *shock* - when you drop your phone for the first time and you scream out - oh SH**! it's ok though. the phone survived, and it works fine. also - the first time you run out of power you have a small heart attack.)

#4 satisfaction. (3-4 months) You've had it for a couple of months but you still find yourself going to handango or palm one to check to see whether you missed any apps. You have noticed that you've become quite popular - people notice your phone and are envious of you. It turns you into a rock star. You are turning into a supremely organized and efficient information machine. You decide to invest in an SD card though, because you're running out of space on your phone. So many apps, so little time. You're a master of your domain.

#5 normality. (?) well, you're now an experienced user. Your friends and family are thankful that you've stopped looking at the phone screen for 24 hours every day. You keep your phone charged all the time, and you have finally given the thing a chance to stay off more than an hour at a time. It's back to reality. Oh wait. I need to send my friend a text message..... I'll be right back. (Well, it couldn't hurt to dream, right??)
    Last edited by ajrosales; 05/07/2004 at 03:33 PM.
    radio aj: ajrosales.com (resistor coming soon)
    I couldn't stop laughing; I saw myself in every step!
    Good job, aj!!
  3.    #3  
    yeah most of that is from personal and other's experience. I bought mine when the sprint phones first came out last year - then two other people I know bought it later on as a result of my purchase - I saw them go through the exact same phases I did.. It was pretty hilarious....
    Didn't you forget:

6# Concern (immediately to 6 months). Your TREO keeps dropping calls.

7# Disappointment (days) You return your TREO for a replacement.

8# Elation (3-4 weeks max) You receive your replacement refurbushed TREO.

9# Disgust (days to months) Repeat from 6.

Giggle.
  5.    #5  
    well, I was trying to be positive. I haven't had any problems with my phone. And I've owned it since last nov. giggle.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    #6: Disappointment (as soon as you compare it to a palm with a hi-resolution 320x320 or 320x480 screen): Immediately, you wish that either :

a) handspring originally made the device with a 320x320 screen or
    b) palmone hurries up and releases the elusive treo 610 with h-res screen.

hehe jk, great post AJ!
    ajrosales, thanks for the fun reading and, as important: For staying positive throughout your writing! It is refreshing to read positive feedback on the T600 (and as you can see here, the negatives are filtering-in regardless).
    I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    -Sir Winston Churchill.
    I skipped step five.. i still use mine nonstop... As you can see from the picture, I threw it on the ground (SeldomVisotr's step 6) but it was also dropping calls and Sprint replaced it with a brand new one!!! so im back to step 4
    I am on level#3 now as I have express at least three "Oh, Sh...!" already. I hope I never see 6 through 9. Knock on wood.
    Wow. So true and accurate! You did forget the steps regarding:

1) discovering you have the same problem as many other people on TreoCentral after you thought you'd never have a problem
    2) get a replacement phone that has a DIFFERENT problem as many other also people have on TreoCentral
    3) get a replacement phone for that one... (repeat as necessary)

[Your disgust for PalmOne depends HIGHLY on what stage from the original post the above steps occur in. For me (someone in Stage 5), it's no big deal. I know what to expect. For someone in Stage 2 it would REALLY **** them off. For someone in Stage 3 it would be highly upsetting...and down in drama from there.]
    That is so true.

But then so is #6, when you get this dawning realisation that your expensive uber-device has some major flaws (useless speakerphone, low quality camera) that are quite galling given how much you paid for it.
    I have not hit stage 5 yet. I keep finding new things to do with it.

What is even better is a friend bought the same phone, and ask3ed me to trick his out too. So I did. that was over a month ago. Today he saw my phone when my wife called me. When he saw a full screen animation of Betty Boop dancing he was JELOUS!!!
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    I'm in stage 0...
    searching and wondering to get my treo... ^^
    if the new one come out right after i got one... =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavisjohn
    When he saw a full screen animation of Betty Boop dancing he was JELOUS!!!
    How did you do that?
    I'm only as far as being able to assing a pic and ringtone to the person who calls. (Boy, and here I was thinking THAT'S cool...hahahaha).
    Quote Originally Posted by ajrosales
    #1 anticipation. (3-4 wks) from the moment you've seen it - either on the web or in someone else's posession - you've drooled over the design, the function, and the pure chic oozing from the control panel. you can't wait to have it. you order it then it's like chinese water torture until the day it arrives.
    3-4 wks anticipation? HA! Try 4-5 months... I'm a T-Mobile customer
    Drooled over it from October until Februrary! I'm happily stuck at #5 now though .