1.    #1  
    He has been gone for sometime. Anyone heard from him. No updates lately. No recent posts on his forum. Has he given up on us?

I am curious cause I can't get chatter to sync my sent folder per his instructions. Anyone else doing this? does it work?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I exchanged a few messages with Marc last week, I believe. He is fine, just very busy. And my "sent" folder syncs fine...
    I chatted, back and forth, with him last week too. But, he has really scaled back his support / enthusiasm for the product. Makes me wonder about its longevity. If it has become too much to manage he should turn it over to Sourceforge, or something, and release it under the GPL.

Dunc
    It would be cool if it was released as open source, but the whole benefit of Chatter was the Jabber server that Marc maintains that makes everything work...maybe if the client software was maintained by a group of developers and it was altered to use any jabber server, similar to Chatopus...I'm not sure if the software is ultra-reliant on whatever customized Jabber setup that Marc has going currently though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc
    I chatted, back and forth, with him last week too. But, he has really scaled back his support / enthusiasm for the product. Makes me wonder about its longevity. If it has become too much to manage he should turn it over to Sourceforge, or something, and release it under the GPL.
    Dunc
    Yeah, this is starting to make me nervous as well. I just sent him my reg fee last week, but haven't heard any confirmation from him (did get the automatic "receipt" from PayPal). My 30 days from the trial period are up, and I can't seem to get into Chatter tonight. Not sure if it's problems on Chatter's server side, or if he doesn't think I sent in my money, etc. I do hope that his support / enthusiasm bounces back. Otherwise I'll have to give Verichat a try. (never even tested it, was happy with Chatter).

Louis
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    He has been gone for sometime. Anyone heard from him. No updates lately. No recent posts on his forum. Has he given up on us?

I am curious cause I can't get chatter to sync my sent folder per his instructions. Anyone else doing this? does it work?

Actually my sent folder syncs with my imap server @ fusemail but anything i send from the treo via chatter just vanishes. The recipient gets it but nothing in the sent folder. Sure hoping Marc or anyone else can help.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Have you tried posting in the chatter forums?

http://www.imchatter.com/solidclient/ForumClient.php

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  8.    #8  
    yep
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Have you tried posting in the chatter forums?
    Have you looked at the Chatter forums? The messages all go unanswered for ages. Lots of requests and trouble tickets there too - but not a lot of feedback.

Dunc