View Poll Results: Do you miss your old Visor?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and flip also!

7 35.00%
  • No, I have a Treo and I did not look back

11 55.00%
  • What is a Visor???

2 10.00%
  1.    #1  
    I have a good history with Handspring. I have owned a Visor Pro, Visor Edge, Treo 180, 270, and now the Treo 600. I love the Treo series and the T600 is by far the best palm/phone I have ever owned (minus voice dialing!!). But I saw some one at work with a Visor Edge (gray to go with his power book) and I had to play with it. It has a crappy screen, wimpy power, half the memory, no chance for MP3s or video or audio recording, and no keyboard but I begain to miss my old one. It was the red one with a Desiel hard cover for it. It was so thin slick and metalic I felt I could drop it from the top of my building and not have to worry about it (unlike my treo 180/270s!!!).

Am I sick? I have the best there is (and the price to prove it) yet I am drawn back to a palm that is now 1/6th the price of the Treo 600. What is it about the Visor line? They were rock solid and v simple and I would still be happy with the Edge if i could not have a Treo.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I am so happy that I am not the only one!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE my 600 but for some strange reason I wished that I still had a Pilot 1000. So I bought one on ebay last week for $26.00. What is that all about!!!!!!???????

Kirby
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    HA! You know what I still have my old Vx sitting on here my desk which I occasionally play with! For some reason, I can't bear to get rid of it!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Sorry, I bought Visor's for my nephew, so I never really knew Visor. I still have my Palm Vx and my daughter plays with it.
    When the board's discussion area went down, I went over to Visorcentral to see what was going on. The discussion board felt like tumbleweeds were blowing in the background they were so bare. There had been no posts in the last 30 days in any of the boards I checked. Then I saw the latest posts from about 60 days ago that said they didn't get the whole Treo convergence idea and about how Handspring made a big mistake getting rid of the Visor and had lost his business. Then the 2 other lone readers on the board agreed and said P1 would go under without their (3 whole persons!) business. Then they wrote about how the Visor still makes a great e-book reader. One guy was bragging about how he re-wired his Deluxe's cradle so he could re-charge it?!? Unless you want to be one of these guys, do yourself a favor, move on and forget about your Visor.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exciter
    I am so happy that I am not the only one!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE my 600 but for some strange reason I wished that I still had a Pilot 1000. So I bought one on ebay last week for $26.00. What is that all about!!!!!!???????

Kirby
    I think what that is all about is that you are very sick person. Get help! Do it now - don't wait another second!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    When the board's discussion area went down, I went over to Visorcentral to see what was going on. The discussion board felt like tumbleweeds were blowing in the background they were so bare. There had been no posts in the last 30 days in any of the boards I checked. Then I saw the latest posts from about 60 days ago that said they didn't get the whole Treo convergence idea and about how Handspring made a big mistake getting rid of the Visor and had lost his business. Then the 2 other lone readers on the board agreed and said P1 would go under without their (3 whole persons!) business. Then they wrote about how the Visor still makes a great e-book reader. One guy was bragging about how he re-wired his Deluxe's cradle so he could re-charge it?!? Unless you want to be one of these guys, do yourself a favor, move on and forget about your Visor.

HAHA!!! That's a really good assestment Bob! An interesting thing to note is that while those guys were still complaining about how the demise of the Visors would doom PalmOne/handspring, the Treo600 hardware forum has accumulated more posts than almost the entire visorcentral forum together!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    There is no shame...

I still have an Amiga 600HD (yeah, the one with the 20mb internal HD!!!)

...hmmm...
    www.gsmworld.com
    Is it wrong that I miss my Visor Edge?

not wrong...just silly
    Actually, I have to confess that I still use my Deluxe as a Universal TV Remote. I still think orange is wayyyy coooool.
  11.    #11  
    Don't get me wrong.. i'm not going to overstock.com and going to buy one for the amazing price of $89 (and get the silver one i always wanted not the red one that they had in stock the day i bought it from Handspring.com.. :-/ ) Though I always wished handspring would make an Edge with a color screen that would have kicked a$$
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about