1.    #1  
    One of the things I really liked about my Treos was that while traveling out of town, I could stop by a Kinko's, Staples, Office Depot or CompUSA and find an infrared printer to print out a document using the Print Boy software. Just yesterday I tried to find a place to print while out of town and there where no infrared equipped printers in any of these stores exept a portable battery operated Canon in an Office Depot. Where have all the infrared printers gone? What other options are you aware of for remote printing from the Treo while out of town?
    Last edited by riverbruce; 04/30/2004 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Mispelling
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Thats what Im seeing as well.

Just got a new Dell Inspiron Notebook and it didnt have an IrDA port on it either. That really surprised me as I never would have thought to explicitly look for an IrDA port, just assumed it was on every notebook. Still have yet to find a personal use for the FireWire port on it
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    They've gone bluetooth
    I have the world in my Palm
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thppfft
    They've gone bluetooth
    Are they using WiFi instead?
    I've been using the infraready adapter for almost three years now, I'm never caught with out an ir printer.

http://www.bachmannsoftware.com/infrareadyadapter.htm
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrios
    I've been using the infraready adapter for almost three years now, I'm never caught with out an ir printer.

http://www.bachmannsoftware.com/infrareadyadapter.htm
    What brand of mobile printer are you using?

Kirby
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    almost any laser or ink jet with the ir adapter. it hooks up to the centronics port to any printer with an ir reciever on the other end works great, never had a problem. See the link in my previous post.
    You can get a cheap Sipix IR printer from overstock these days for about 25 bucks fyi:

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....PROD_ID=468307

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I believe that Bluetooth technology is to blame for the lack of IR printers and products...