1.    #1  
    I have been hanging around this forum for a couple of months, I've been particularly interested in the threads concerning the new 3.04 firmware and the comments of those who have installed and used it. These people, it has been suggested, are all unofficial beta-testers for PalmSource. Is it possible, then, that one or more of the people who have been promoting the spread of the new firmware on this forum, both subtly and otherwise, along with encouraging the pushing of the limits of the Treo 600 generally, are in fact undercover PalmSource employees? Mol, for instance? And if not Mol, who?
    Should I feel flattered or should I feel insulted?
    ACDriver, I assume you agree that this is also the right time to unveil that we're behind the disk crashes. Let me explain.

Part of our secret mission was to ensure people wouldn't crack the real unlock mechanism. For a long time we succeeded in deflecting the efforts towards intermediate patches, and by posting bogus information about how to crack the real mechanism. Unfortunately, recently some TC members (we have inside information that is showing those people are actually financially backed by Microsoft through their subsidiary in Dubai)started to make progress in their quest for the unlock code. So things were getting out of hand on this board and we realized we had to do something more drastic.

It was actually much more simple than we could have imagined. We simply sent a pre-production version of the Treo 610 model to the TreoCentral staff, asking them to evaluate it. Of course we had prepared this device with a small bomb with a remotely controlled detonator (actually we stuffed Semtex into the empty space of the Treo 610 that is used in the 600 for the camera). The rest you already know.

Now beam me up Scotty!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slem
    I have been hanging around this forum for a couple of months, I've been particularly interested in the threads concerning the new 3.04 firmware and the comments of those who have installed and used it. These people, it has been suggested, are all unofficial beta-testers for PalmSource. Is it possible, then, that one or more of the people who have been promoting the spread of the new firmware on this forum, both subtly and otherwise, along with encouraging the pushing of the limits of the Treo 600 generally, are in fact undercover PalmSource employees? Mol, for instance? And if not Mol, who?
    I don't get it. Even if Mol does work for PalmSource, why should I care? I have enjoyed reading his ingenious ideas-suggestions-humor for a while now and, I hope, he'll continue with that for a long-long time.
    (And since you, Slem, posted this thread in the "General Chat" rather then the "Off Topic" section, I have to assume that your paranoiac statement is more than just chronic. Ouch!)
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
  5.    #5  
    mOOse, your avatar looks like a pretty damned clever disguise to me. Are you the spy?
    I guess Slem figured it all out. The most dramatic conclusion yet, Mol is the Mole! LOL
    mOOse, your avatar looks like a pretty damned clever disguise to me. Are you the spy?
    Shhhhhhhhhh... (Was it my antlers?)
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    It doesnt matter who they work for or who they dont work for. On second thought, I guess I do care greatly if there are Palmone people here. They are apparently not reading about all the problems that we are having becuase if they were, we would be discussing something very different. Instead, we seem to discuss the same defects over and over again. So Palmone, if your listening, I am on my 4th T600, and to tell you the truth, I am getting tired of returning the phones for the same problem over and over and over again. So please, for the love of god, fix it and lets get on with life, hea'
    Oh

My

God.

You guys have totally lost it this time. I'm calling the FBI, CIA, Interpol, U.N.C.L.E., and the men in the little white coats.

<SNORTLE>
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    This thread has gone downhill. And, by the way, at age 12 I didn't know Snortle from snorkel
    I believe this thread had no other way to go than uphill from where it started.

And, at age 35, I didn't know the word Snortle until Alli started tagging every thread with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mol
    Should I feel flattered or should I feel insulted?
    Based on recent posts on these forums, you should feel flattered enough by the fact that he didn't accuse you from working for PalmOne CS...
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Thats the biggest Snortle I have ever seen!!!

But then Girls have been saying that to me since I was about 12 years old.

Amazing considering one normally hears rather than sees a snortle.

Except I didn't ever use the word snortle until Allie coined it. But I have proudly stolen it and added it to my vocab.
    I'd love to take the credit, but a dear friend of mine in Duraham UK actually coined the term. So let's please make sure Susanna gets her due credit, no matter how unladylike it makes either of us look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    This thread has gone downhill. And, by the way, at age 12 I didn't know Snortle from snorkel
    But you know the difference now, right?
    > ...I'm calling ... U.N.C.L.E...

Yow - it's been a LONG time since I've seen that!
    Is it possible, then, that one or more of the people who have been promoting .... are in fact undercover PalmSource employees? Mol, for instance?
    I don't think so. He wouldn't have the technical expertise he obviously has.

(That was bad - sorry, PalmSource people, I couldn't resist )
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    I don't think so. He wouldn't have the technical expertise he obviously has.

(That was bad - sorry, PalmSource people, I couldn't resist )
    It may have been bad, but haven't you noticed the people with the most technical expertise are NOT the ones working in technical positions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    It may have been bad, but haven't you noticed the people with the most technical expertise are NOT the ones working in technical positions?
    Frankly - No...
    Let me guess....You didn't grow up on a farm did you? Kids who grew up up on farms (like me) and around animals know what snortles are when they are old enough to hold on to the fence and go, "What the..??? Mom! The bull is trying to stand on the cow!! Do you want me to go out in the field and hit him???" "HEY MOM!! I SAID THE BULL IS TRYING TO STAND ON THE COW!!!!" MOM!!!! AND NOW ITS???? OH THAT'S E U GAROOOSE!!!

And my Mom is yelling at me to come inside and when I get there she is rolling around on the kitchen floor holding her tummy with tears of laughter and I am saying, "Are you okay? What's so funny? Did you see the bull trying to stand on the cow Mom? Why don't you answer me mom? And why do you make that funny noise with your mouth and nose? It's sounds like,,,uh, like, "Snortle" "

Except I didn't ever use the word snortle until Allie coined it. But I have proudly stolen it and added it to my vocab.
    keep your little fantasies to yourself matey peeps
    Hahahahahahahaha........
    ACDriver is way to hilarious....
    I simply couldn't stop laughing about the Bull story....
    My dog is looking at me like I've surely lost it this time!
    I couldn't help it...but what IS matey peeps....I know peeps=people....hmmm

Main Entry: matˇey
    Pronunciation: 'mA-tE
    Function: adjective
    chiefly British : COMPANIONABLE
    - matˇeyˇness /-n&s/ noun, chiefly British

Hahaha....
    not sure if that's what he meant though