Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know that you guys have alot going on, but I am still going crazy missing the mobile discussion group pages. It takes so long to load the full version on my Treo.

JC
    Ditto that.... let's get the mobile discussion page back up.
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    bump
    theres alink on the treocentral forum which says its up but i m not sure so dont hold me to that
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    The link is up, but it points to the full version.
    Patience as this is not a paid site. I am sure Marcus and whomever is helping him are doing their very best.
    Dbl bump.

It seems as though it has been a loooong time since we were able to really use this forum from a Treo. Very odd when the whole reason this forum exists is the Treo itself.

This site is a really great community of / source of knowledge - but you are going to loose your readers/members if you can't bring things back to the way they were.

Please bring back the mobile version of the discussion forums.

Thanks
    Problem is... who can they lose them to? Most of the start-up forums have little to no lively conversations.

You would basically have to find a general catch-all forum site and even then you would lose the benefit this board offers - all Treo owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj
    It seems as though it has been a loooong time since we were able to really use this forum from a Treo. Very odd when the whole reason this forum exists is the Treo itself.
    I wholeheartedly agree. I've got a good attitude about sporadic down time but have a hard time believing it takes a week to a week and a half to bring back the mobile discussion forums. Perhaps a word of explanation might help my understanding. The bottom line is that this site is an awesome resource for Treo users and I see the mobile disscusion forums as critical to the goal.
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    I agree. Of all the Tre600 forums I only frequent this one and PalmOne City.
    I think they both have great threads and softwares.

And believe me, I've searched! :-)
    Hello mobile is my daily view 2 or 3 times a day.
    Walter from HMC
    wisdom is born by questions
    The PDA world before my Treo 750:
    Casio, Siena, Psion 3a, Revo, m505, m515, vX, Treo 270,
    Treo 600, Nokia 9300, MDA Vario, ASUS P525

MacBook 13"3 Core 2 Duo 2GHz 2GB 160HDD and
    Treo 750 both actuell over exchangeserver by 1&1
    and my awesome Smart Roadster Coupe
    I do most of my reading of this site via my Treo and have also greatly missed the convenience. Related to a comment above, I've purchased product from the tc store so I view the stability/availability of the forums as something that will impact my willingness to stay interested in this site and,therefore, a continued opportunity for TC to market to me. I think TC provides a lot of value to the user community but I don't think it is one-sided. They should see the value in things going well and when they aren't communicating with this board about when things are expected to return to normal. In some ways I've been more surprised by how little that has been shared (other than be patient comments) than anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by camartin
    I do most of my reading of this site via my Treo and have also greatly missed the convenience. Related to a comment above, I've purchased product from the tc store so I view the stability/availability of the forums as something that will impact my willingness to stay interested in this site and,therefore, a continued opportunity for TC to market to me. I think TC provides a lot of value to the user community but I don't think it is one-sided. They should see the value in things going well and when they aren't communicating with this board about when things are expected to return to normal. In some ways I've been more surprised by how little that has been shared (other than be patient comments) than anything else.
    I'm all with you. I'm actively looking for an alternative for TC. I realize it won't have the same mass but I've lost patience with the staff of this site.

If somebody has good suggestions for alternatives then please let me know. My main criteria are:

* pda version of the forums
    * decent interface, preferably using vBulletin (like TC does)
    * a relatively active user community, e.g. if the last message about a Treo was 2 weeks ago I doubt it can satisfy my hunger
    I saw the note from Marcus in a different thread that the mobile forum will be back tomorrow (Wednesday). Given the amount of valuable information that was lost during the crash and the undercurrent of dissatisfaction among board members it might be useful for the user community to better define our needs with the TC staff.

Given the amazing things the members of this board have achieved, I'd be pretty confident that a mass exodus to another location would be possible. However, I'd suggest we state our needs with the TC staff and see how they do over the next few months.

Here's a start of our needs (please expand with your own):

>Nightly backups of data to offsite location (ideal). Minimum of 1 week of data lost in worst case scenario?

>Most importantly, communicate at least on a twice a day basis on the main TC site when outages occur. Continue this frequency of communication until all components of the site have been established.

>Error on the side of communicating too much information than less.

>From a prioritization perspective, the mobile forums should be restored first (unless a dependency exists) but no less than 2 days after restoring the full board.

Quote Originally Posted by Mol
    I'm all with you. I'm actively looking for an alternative for TC. I realize it won't have the same mass but I've lost patience with the staff of this site.

If somebody has good suggestions for alternatives then please let me know. My main criteria are:

* pda version of the forums
    * decent interface, preferably using vBulletin (like TC does)
    * a relatively active user community, e.g. if the last message about a Treo was 2 weeks ago I doubt it can satisfy my hunger
    Hmmm...I wasn't aware we were paying for this site. This site is being provided as a service (well, with some ads). I don't understand how people can be so critical of a free service. It IS better than nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by catbert00
    Hmmm...I wasn't aware we were paying for this site. This site is being provided as a service (well, with some ads). I don't understand how people can be so critical of a free service. It IS better than nothing.
    ------

I've paid for this site by purchasing TC product. The members of this board have paid for this site with the vast amount of effort they've put into making it relevant and interesting as well as TC puchases. Everyone has paid a price for the lost postings.

I'm personally willing to hold TC to a set of higher standards in consideration of my continued participation on this forum. To each his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by catbert00
    Paid for or not, we have been lead to expect a certain level of performance from TC and its staff. When that performance falls short, dissatisfaction sets in. Payment is irrelevant. I for one think they could at least post an update on the main page with whats going on. But then so many things are left hanging. Whatever happened to the new staff writer contest? There are others as well.

What's up TC staff? Are you bored with this whole endeavor?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Paid for or not, we have been lead to expect a certain level of performance from TC and its staff. When that performance falls short, dissatisfaction sets in. Payment is irrelevant.
    I agree. Even if I pay nothing for this service, I expect - nay, I demand - a level of performance adequate for this site to maintain the privilege of my continued wisdom and presence on the board.
    We bow to your gracious wisdom and presence
    And well you should, my minions.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast