Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    I've only played with the Treo600 a few times, didn't get more than 5 minutes of useage each time with it though. But I really would like to have a palm os phone.

Coming from someone who's always been used to the palm hi-resolution 320x320 and now 320x480 on my clie, I'm kind of worried that I will get sick of the "low-resolution" on the Treo 600 screen.

Are there any specific font changing programs to maybe make the font of the text a little smoother with less "jaggies"?

Anyone hate the low resolution screen? Man I really wish palm hurries up and puts out a "hi-res" treo
    I switched from a Clie hi-res(UX50) and the convenience of having the converged product has far outweighed the screen resolution differences. In fact in many ways I like it better because using hi-res on the UX, the text was often so tiny it was very difficult to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgadget
    I switched from a Clie hi-res(UX50) and the convenience of having the converged product has far outweighed the screen resolution differences. In fact in many ways I like it better because using hi-res on the UX, the text was often so tiny it was very difficult to see.
    I had an NX80 and moved to a Treo 600. I also think that the benefits of convergence outway the the few limitations of the Treo.

JC
    never having owned a hi-res device, I don't miss it at all - heh heh. I went to a 600 from a 300, and to the 300 from a Kyo6035, and a bunch of mono screen Palms before that. When I cruise over to CompUSA, and check out the hi-res dudes they have there, I think to myself - 'huh, I'm not missing a whole lot, and I'm gaining a TON by having all this functionality in one device.' Granted, I may just be telling myself that to convince myself that my decision for a single device is best, but that's how I see it. Tremendous advantage in functionality, offset by the small trade-off in resolution.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    sounds good!

I'll give it a whirl. This coming from a UX50 owner myself, which has a really crisp, sharp hi resolution screen. I really want to try to like the phone when I get it cuz there is no other option for me, unless this rumored treo610 really comes out.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    wow the 160x160 resolution is quite "low" coming from my hi-res Sony clie. Viewing pictures taken from the camera are quite disgusting!!! (just my opinion)

i'm slowly getting used to it. Text is fine. But playing games is awful!!! Oh well I did not buy this pda phone to play games. My sony clie stays at home now.
    yeah, I don't think anyone loves the screen... Viewing pictures on it does suck, playing a lot of games sucks, but overall this device has the best features and the screen shortcomings are minor in comparison to everything it does right, IMO. I've been trying to decide, if they come out with a new version with a high-res screen, how much would it be worth to upgrade?