1.    #1  
    I really prefer not to spend so much for the Treo600. I can get a Treo270, 02/Sx56 Simens Pocketpc phone, or tungstenW for 1/2 the cost. Not sure what to do?

thanks
    The Treo 270 treated me well. But the fear of a broken lid always was in my mind. What about a bluetooth phone and a T2 or TT?
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  3.    #3  
    Then I need to carry an extra device.
    True that... well go for the Treo 270 and make sure you have the $4 a month phone insurance

Timmay
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  5.    #5  
    The phone dealer offers no warranty other than the manufacturers. Wonder what they would do if it did break
    You get the insurance through your phone company... Mine was T-Mobile and their insurance comp. was timely with replacements and did not charge me for shipping. I never bothered with Handsprings replacement plan...

Timmmay
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    I had a 270 on T-mobile in Philadelphia and hated the cellular service. I had many areas where the phone could not get a signal while phones with other carriers were working. The coverage for my Sprint 600 has been excellent and has fine reception in the areas where T-MO dropped. If I had known better I would've gotten a 300 on Sprint instead. The data service is faster than the 270's also.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpovolo
    I really prefer not to spend so much for the Treo600. I can get a Treo270, 02/Sx56 Simens Pocketpc phone, or tungstenW for 1/2 the cost. Not sure what to do?

thanks
    I personally liked the 270 enough that I haven't opened the box to my 600 quite yet as I've said in another thread. You will be suprised how much functionality there is in that little fella. Handspring has a warranty for 1 year on the Treo, plus I believe you can buy an extended warranty from them as well.

(Btw: as soon as I transfer all my data this weekend, I have a almost new 270 for sale if you're looking )
    try tungsten w. personally, i prefer the w better than my treo 600. if only we could use it as a phone without the earphone. the phone function is better than average. as a pda, there's nothing to comment against. it's great.

~lanujang
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I had a 270 on T-mobile in Philadelphia and hated the cellular service. I had many areas where the phone could not get a signal while phones with other carriers were working. The coverage for my Sprint 600 has been excellent and has fine reception in the areas where T-MO dropped. If I had known better I would've gotten a 300 on Sprint instead. The data service is faster than the 270's also.
    You can't compare the coverage between and GSM cell site and a TDMA cell site in the USA as GSM is not the forte in the USA.
    GSM is a great cell service which is widely use throught the world, but for some reason the USA has been delaying getting with the program for a while. Finally T-Mobile comes along and hardly any money is put into the project to turn it into one of the leading cell phone companies in the USA. Yet compared to how it use to be at the beginning, I think they have come a longway.

GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) is considered the most advanced digital cellular technology, extremely popular in Europe and Asia. GSM networks are leaders in many typically "digital" services including the Short Message Service (SMS), Over the air (OTA) configuration and GSM positionning. Considered its technology and presence both in Americas and the rest of the world, GSM is in a good position for global roaming and many new GSM phones are called "global phones", since they can be used in virtually any country. The SIM card ("Subscriber Identification Module") is also a unique and essential component of GSM phones.

TDMA (Time Division Multiple Access) is so old fashion it's not even used in some part of the world. It's one of the oldest digital cellular technology, mostly seen in North America. It is considered the less advanced digital technology, partly because of its lack of flexibility compared to other digital cellular technologies.

Just thought you should know
    the tungsten w is great as it has the 320x320 color screen and you can overclock the cpu with Fastcpu, and i miss the phone app too, but i could not stand having to use the earbud as i eventually made this tape configuration to have it part of it, wow did i get made fun of for that one, i finally stopped it when my boss made the last comment, glad i have my treo 600 but miss the screen the most, tungsten w is amazing for data and web but not as a phone