Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Never saw this posted before, sorry if I put it in the wrong spot, but fond this very interesting.

I lost the ability to toggle calendar views by pressing the calendar button. PalmOne support told me to do a "warm" reset, ie, hold the up button while you stick the pin in the back. Amazingly it worked, more amazingly, I got good info on the first call to PalmOne.

Previous to the call I did a soft reset (pin only), then a hard reset erasing data and neither worked.

I've noticed that my Treo resets itself and the wireless connection comes back instantaneously - this is what happened when I did the "warm" reset. Anyone else ever hear of this ??
    About the loss of ability to toggle the calendar views by pressing the button:
    That's happened to both me and a co-worker. What resolved it for us was opening up prefs, going to the buttons page, and selecting the default button. You have to remap any buttons that you didn't have mapped to the default, but no funky resets involved. Although I would have thought the hard reset would have worked...
    Quote Originally Posted by catbert00
    About the loss of ability to toggle the calendar views by pressing the button:
    That's happened to both me and a co-worker. What resolved it for us was opening up prefs, going to the buttons page, and selecting the default button. You have to remap any buttons that you didn't have mapped to the default, but no funky resets involved. Although I would have thought the hard reset would have worked...
    Great! Thanks for the tip! I couldn't figure out for the life of me why it wasn't working but now it works
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."