1.    #1  
    Anyone know of any other good treo sites/discussion boards?
    There are others, but nothing has the audience that TreoCentral has....

TreoMB, Treo600 Owners Club, pdaPhoneHome.com are a few.
    Just a heads up - this is the first time since we started as VisorCentral.com in 1999 that we have had major downtime/loss of data. We are working hard to bring back the boards to their old shape, recover data from the dead hard-drives, and we are reevaluating our backup plans so this will not happen again. We will not let this happen agian!. We're very sorry for the inconvience that it has caused.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  4.    #4  
    Miradu-

Nothing against these boards or anything(I guess I could have prefaced my original post with that)... I'm extremely happy that you are back up. While things here were down, I was jonesing for some much needed treo chatter, and looking around didn't yield many results. As far as I could tell, these boards are FAR more active than the others that I stumbled across. I wasn't sure if I was just missing something or if this is THE community for treo users on the net. This place is a great resource, all your hard work is very much appreciated. Good luck recovering data - I know what a mess that can be.

Thanks,
    rob
    Miradu - your work is much appreciated.
    Any way to get the avatars, photos, carrier info, etc. back? Miine is still there, it's just not showing up in the left pane.
    Thanks -
    Shneor
    For pure Treo discussion nothing compares to this site. It's in a class by itself.
    Oh of course ACDriver. What would it be with out us.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Oh of course ACDriver. What would it be with out us.
    Ah, yes, what would TC do without the two of you?
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I lurk at www.pdaPhoneHome.com all the time, but I prefer to post here.

Unfortunately, my account got wacked and had to re-register. Maybe that wasnt related to the crash?
    This is still by far the greatest forum for the treo.
    Awesome that the boards are back up and running!
    Talk about withdrawal symptoms
    Now we just need to give them time to finish the rest of the restore!
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biscoradio
    Anyone know of any other good treo sites/discussion boards?

Nothing even comes close to Treocentral... but if you're looking for alternatives, here's some other sites that I occasionally visit for Treo discussion:

PDAPhoneHome
    -probably the best multi-device, multi-platform forum around. Don't have the best Symbian fourms, but improving. The Treo fourms are okay, but not as much traffic as the samsung and kyocera models...

Brighthand PalmOne fourms. I visit there time to time. Since Brighthand is linked directly by PalmOne, often new users will find this forum before Treocentral. I go over there to point them in the right direction!

PalmOneCity. The forums are pretty slow, but it;s a good overall PalmOne site.

TreoMB. The other major Treo-specific site on the net. Nice place with familiar faces. Never has had the traffic of Treocentral though...

PalmVenue Fourms. Lots of very helpful folks over there. Quite a few smartphone users over there. The forums are pretty slow, but you;ll know someone will eventually respond...

Treo Owners Club. I personally don't visit this site too much...

PalmInfocenter. I hang around here alot...best palm news site around imo. The forums have regressed lately though but that should change with the new forum software upgrade...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Feel free to visit my site for discussions.
    http://www.everythingtreo.com/forums/

It does not have the readership of the mothership, but hasn't gone down (knock on wood) sinces it's inception a few years back.

-Chris
    What I found most amazing is how much I missed reading the posts and all the interesting babble that goes on in our Treo world. Glad to see things are getting sorted out and back to our version of normalcy. (sic)
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    Mytreo.net is shaping up to be a pretty nice site. Many TC members have opted to make it their mobile forum of choice since TC's mobile forum has not been brought back up.