Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'm in for $15-20 for dialing, $20-30 for operating everything.
    Is this something that's available now? I agree with everyone...wht pay Sprint $5 every month? My old Sanyo had it built in, besides that, with the T600 being a bit costly, it should be something that's included. However, if it works, I guess $10 isn't too much to pay for this feature. With more and more states passing laws about handheld phones, voice recognition will be a welcome safety feature.
    nope its not out yet and IMHO it will never come out im just hoping that the treo ace has it
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Why is this so difficult to do? My v60 had it... my Nokia 6200 had it... why does it seem an impossible task for the Treo 600??

Jim
    PS do we need a bribe for this too?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I'm not so sure its not coming. Infinityball.com has been pretty quiet for about a month. I'm guessing that means one of two things.

1. He's getting ready to launch a suite of new products commercially, and he just needs to finalize things.

2. He's gotten too busy, and has dropped all development for treo products.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Sign me up!
    There are a few posts here.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashless
    I'm not so sure its not coming. Infinityball.com has been pretty quiet for about a month. I'm guessing that means one of two things.

1. He's getting ready to launch a suite of new products commercially, and he just needs to finalize things.

2. He's gotten too busy, and has dropped all development for treo products.
    I'd pay $7.50 to leeeeech it off of one of you guys
    Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord your God with all of your heart. Seek his will in all you do and He will direct your paths.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Got a reply from Ryan...it is coming...maybe he will post here soon. He has been busy
    The 2day program and voice dial

I love it The software is finally starting to catch up with the technology
    This is a post from 7/21/04 From Ryan's forum...

RyanRife said:
    Sorry, i've been really busy in the past couple of weeks and I haven't had much time to work on it. I plan to release the next version of SoundRec soon (with the source) and then I plan on finishing up the voice dialing software afterwards.

Sweeeeet!!!!
    Im a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    duh!
    Quote Originally Posted by AirData
    duh!
    i was just adding more information jackass
    Im a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    This list is populated by cheapskates. I have paid $25 for many apps that I did not want as badly as I do voice dialing. Voice dialing is one of the things that I miss most from my Nokia 8890. Voice dialing is an essential part of real "hands free" for driving.
    I agree with the $ value part for voicedialing.. that's one app I won't mind paying upto $30 one time to get.
    It's got to exist and the trial has to impress me before I'll even worry about what I'll pay for it.
    There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
    Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Not completly. I pay the $5 a month for Sprint's voice dialing. And unless an application comes out that requires absolutly no training, I probably won't switch. I have over 300 names in my contact list, and my Outlook client automatically sync's with Sprint's voice server, and I don't have to train a thing... Works very well.
    I had the $5/month with sprint, but after thinking about how much I spent over just 1 year with the option & considering the 2 year contract I am in now, $5/month will be $180 total that I would be spending on voice dialing capability.

I would much rather pay $15-20 for a standalone and spend a little time training it if necessary than shell out nearly $200 just for the convenience of no training and still having to repeat the name 2-3 times sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayden75
    I had the $5/month with sprint, but after thinking about how much I spent over just 1 year with the option & considering the 2 year contract I am in now, $5/month will be $180 total that I would be spending on voice dialing capability.

I would much rather pay $15-20 for a standalone and spend a little time training it if necessary than shell out nearly $200 just for the convenience of no training and still having to repeat the name 2-3 times sometimes.
    I am now a Vonage/T-Mo customer and I admit that I miss the Sprint Voice Command Service. I would rather have that than an appl on my Treo. If I could have both, I would use the Treo to invoke the Sprint Service. Those of you who are Sprint customers are in good shape.
    I'd be interested...price would depend of usability...
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast