1.    #1  
    Its here and we've got some pics to prove it !!

Supposed add on features/changes in 610 versus the 600 :

- 64 MB RAM
    - 240x240 TFT screen
    - Blue Tooth
    - 5 way navigation button moves to where the jog dial was earlier for easier grip with thumb operation
    - Bigger thumb board similar to the 270/180s
    - Option to buy unit with or without (improved) camera
    - Snap on back cover with removable battery

Here are the pics........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Originally posted by treo_knight
    Well that was creative, I gotta give you that. Is that a 270 that you glued together and than spray-painted?

nice!
  3.    #3  
    Yup !! That's a 270 with the lid sawn off. After removing the lid flipped the speaker to face the front, sanded the lid arms so they were flush with the screen sides then glued it. The empty grooves were then filled in with an epoxy dough and the dried dough was sanded for a smooth finish. All of the parts were then given a primer of Fusion Krylon and then painted over with a metallic black paint.

End result - got myself a no flip treo.

Went battery hunting over the weekend and at every store I went to left behind a confounded sales guy coz they could not figure out which was this new HS - Palm One unit.

Would like to mention here that the inspiration for this adventure came from Nzmoko, Kevin, Gordon Gekko and a few others who have gone to work on their Treo's and shared their experience with newbies like us.
    That looks really good dude!

NICE NICE NICE JOB!

- 64 MB RAM
    - 240x240 TFT screen
    - Blue Tooth
    - 5 way navigation button moves to where the jog dial was earlier for easier grip with thumb operation

ROTFLOL
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    End result - got myself a no flip treo.
    I don't want to ruin the joke, but does it actually work?
    Untill I finished reading the thread it looke as tho someone took a T600 and flattened it. It looks good tho!

And yes, as asked above, does it work?
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    We mod cars, PCs and now Treos

Very cool and clean job!

-- Vikram
    Treo 600 <a href="http://vikrampant.com/treo600/">Blog/Moblog</a>

- 64 MB RAM
    - 240x240 TFT screen
    - Blue Tooth

I heard the IR port is going to be replaced with a laser...

Zap...Zap....Die MS scum!
    Muahahahaha!
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for the compliments !!

Stig & Tavisjohn : Yes, it works. Been using it for 5 days now without any problems. There's a picture attached of the operational unit I took a few minutes ago. You can see the radio signal at full strength with the GPRS indicator on.

Guyz at work think I've got myself a new phone. In fact the Treo 610 posting idea came to me coz a 600 owner saw it and wailed "the 610's out already".

I actually get much better audio reception now coz the rounded top of the cover fits better into the ear and projects the sound straight in. Have no problem listening to a caller with the volume at 2 bars. Earlier I always needed to keep the volume at max. The speaker phone is also clearer and louder now.

Vikrampant : Just curious - are u from MSVV? If yes, PM me.

Olavf : On a serious note yes, I did want to replace the IR with a stronger version so I could use it as a universal remote (with OmniRemote). Treo IR transmitters are just good for 6-7 ft which just isn't enuf. The Sony Clie's can operate devices at upto 25 ft. I even took apart an old TV remote at home to see if the IR bulb could replace the Treo's. Problem is I don't know much about electronics and when searches on the net did not yield any "how to's" on the subject I dropped it. Imagine zapping TV channels at a bar with your Treo when everyone is glued to a game.

If there is anyone out there who can guide me on how to do this I'll give it a shot. Gordon Gekko are u listening?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Guyz at work think I've got myself a new phone. In fact the Treo 610 posting idea came to me coz a 600 owner saw it and wailed "the 610's out already"
    LOL that is halarious. Did you lead him on, or tell him the truth?
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
  12.    #12  
    Nah !! I am a nice guy - did not want him fretting over his 3 week old investment. I just told him its a Treo 450
    does it really have bt?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    um um dude it was a prank