1.    #1  
    Went to the mall today and Palm has set up an official kiosk called a "Palm Cafe" for all there products and they had a Treo 600 so of course I asked him if he had any news on the new Treo and he mentioned that his manager told him that the new Treo would not have a camera. Throw this into the rumor mill but this is from a palm representative
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    So how does this differ from the Treo 600?
  3.    #3  
    um...it differs from the Treo 600 by not having the camera in the newer version if this rumor is in fact true. He didnt mention anything else but gave me his card and told me to call on tuesday to speak to that manager myself more about this.
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    Originally posted by Slk24kgj
    um...it differs from the Treo 600 by not having the camera in the newer version if this rumor is in fact true.

hint: chrispawling was making a joke.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  5.    #5  
    wow, usually i can see a joke when there is one to be seen. didnt see one there personally
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    Haha You take things literally. I saw it even before I read that it was a joke hehe. He meant that the cam was worthless.

wow, usually i can see a joke when there is one to be seen. didnt see one there personally
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Originally posted by yardie
    Haha You take things literally. I saw it even before I read that it was a joke hehe. He meant that the cam was worthless.

Thanks for the explanation, I didnt get it either.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I thought it was pretty obvious!
    There are more and more places that doesn't allow you to use a phone with a camera, such as gym locker room, shower room and some offices. The list will be increasing. May be it's more covenient not to have a camera.
  10.    #10  
    So now I ask you...its a sort of poll.

Would you rather have:

No camera + bluetooth + high rez screen

-or-

Current rez camera + bluetooth + high rez screen

This question is more for the people concerned with being able to enter certain buildings and rooms with a camera phone.
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    Originally posted by Ricky3333
    There are more and more places that doesn't allow you to use a phone with a camera, such as gym locker room, shower room and some offices. The list will be increasing. May be it's more covenient not to have a camera.

I think I saw another wholely unsubstantiated rumor that mentioned that there'd be two future versions, one suffixed "gov" or "biz" to indicate that the camera has been removed.

-Desco-
    Originally posted by Ricky3333
    I am not sure places can request of you to leave your cam-phone with the front desk. I can see problems with freedom of speech issue. Nevertheless, places can ask of you not to use the cam. If you do use it, then they can take measures. It is a new and evolving conceptual law. Time will tell.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I'd rather have the high-resolution screen and Bluetooth.

I bought an iPod and an Olympus digital camera last year. Little did I imagine back then that I would have a phone that could take photos and be able to play music!

So now I ask you...its a sort of poll.

Would you rather have:

No camera + bluetooth + high rez screen

-or-

Current rez camera + bluetooth + high rez screen

This question is more for the people concerned with being able to enter certain buildings and rooms with a camera phone.
    I would choose No camera + bluetooth + high rez screen

BTW I will bring along my digital camera if I think I might need it.