1.    #1  
    Hi,

I have a Treo 600 device and I'm experiencing some difficulties with it.

It doesn't appear to turn on or off, the red light is stuck on and the phone is dead, nothing will work. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hope someone can help me out on this one.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Will.
    Don't mean to insult you, so if these things are obvious to you I apologise. But in case you're completely new to the palm world:

Is the Treo plugged into the charger? If so, the LED's supposed to be red while it's charging.

If it's brand new, and the battery doesn't have much charge, it might not turn on at all until it's charged for a while. You do know that to turn it on you press on the power switch just for a second. Holding it down turns the radio (phone) on and off, but not the screen.

How did you determine the phone is dead?

Let it charge for a while, and if it still doesn't seem to work, try a soft reset (stick a paper clip in the little hole in the back and press 'till you hear a click. See if that gets turns on the unit. If not, try a hard reset (read the manual to see how).

If charging it and a hard reset doesn't bring it to life, I think a trip back to the store is in order.

HTH,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  3.    #3  
    I'm finding out for a mate I work with. I'm fairly au fait with techie matters, but I haven't examined the device yet.

He has been using the unit for a while, and it's been working alright, now it's started playing up.

Would a soft reset wipe any images stored on the device, as he has just lost his grandad, and has the last picture of him before he passed on there. So that's not really an option if it is.

Does this help anymore? I'll try and get him to bring it over to me tomorrow so I can have a look at it.

Cheers,

Will