Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    looking for one that's simple to use, good image quality, is small/pocketable, and uses same SD card as Treo 600.

any ideas? or places u guys could point me to?

thanks for the help.
    For 3M pixels:
    Canon SD100, Pentax Optio S, Casio Exilim EX-Z3

For 4M pixels:
    Canon SD10, Pentax Optio S4, Casio Exilim EX-Z4 Zoom

I believe they all use SD cards.
  3.    #3  
    thanks, i'll check 'em out.
    Originally posted by Need
    For 3M pixels:
    Canon SD100, Pentax Optio S, Casio Exilim EX-Z3

For 4M pixels:
    Canon SD10, Pentax Optio S4, Casio Exilim EX-Z4 Zoom

I believe they all use SD cards.
    I own the Casio EX-Z4 after seeing rave reviews all over for it and I will tell you, I am extremely dissapointed with the results no matter what settings I try with it.
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    nikon coolpix 3700, and there is a new one coming from fuji that looks cool also, the finepix f710

the fuji

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0402/04...ifilmf710z.asp

Nikon

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...kon_cp3700.asp
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Oh man. I owned the Nikon 3100 and it constantly gave me hell issues with the batteries even after sending it into Nikon.
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    Originally posted by Slk24kgj
    Oh man. I owned the Nikon 3100 and it constantly gave me hell issues with the batteries even after sending it into Nikon.
    hmmm... i have a coolpix 885 and it's great. only problem is it's bulky and slow to start up compared to the newer models.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Last edited by aarons12; 02/21/2004 at 10:26 PM.
    thanks for the heads up on the Fuji...the A330 is absolutely gorgeous
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    the new fuji's are also using the doubled up 'super ccd sr' arrangement where it's a 3 megapixel camera but because each pixel has both an s and an r receptor it has info similar to a 6 megapixel image. it seems to be getting pretty good reviews.
  11.    #11  
    thanks for all the info. I was going to get a canon from pricewatch.com, but now I need to check out the fuji
    Originally posted by aarons12
    the new fuji's are also using the doubled up 'super ccd sr' arrangement where it's a 3 megapixel camera but because each pixel has both an s and an r receptor it has info similar to a 6 megapixel image. it seems to be getting pretty good reviews.
    Are you talking about the A330?
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    actually, no. according to their home page the F700 and the upcoming 710 have that, as do the newer models of their S series. maybe if they have an A350 or some other newer model in that serier in the pipeline, but the 330 and 340 apparently not.
    I love the quality of the pics and ease of use of my Canon Digital Elph S400, and they are coming out with the 5MP version in April. It uses a compact flash memory card, but for $15 you can buy an adaptor that holds an SD card and fits in the CF slot of the camera!
  15.    #15  
    Originally posted by BS Mann
    Canon Digital Elph S400 . . . .It uses a compact flash memory card, but for $15 you can buy an adaptor that holds an SD card and fits in the CF slot of the camera!
    that is what i wanted, can u direct me to the adapter? does it just convert the slot? Will the sd card stick out? Thanks. i really wanted the s400, but it not having SD card ruled it out for me, but if this will work then i may go for it.
    The Konica Minolta Dimage Xg ($299.00):
    http://ptech.wsj.com/archive/solution-20040218.html
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Originally posted by BS Mann
    I love the quality of the pics and ease of use of my Canon Digital Elph S400, and they are coming out with the 5MP version in April. It uses a compact flash memory card, but for $15 you can buy an adaptor that holds an SD card and fits in the CF slot of the camera!
    actually, after i wrote the above posts, and continued my research over the weekend, i decided on the s400. now to shop it for price on the web. you are not alone in being happy with it.

and i don't need 5 MP for how i use the photos. the pix from my nikon coolpix 335 print out fine as regular size snaps at 3.2 MP

and as an added bonus, this would be my 3rd camera that uses compactflash so i have plenty of cards and adapters. that cinched the deal on the camera for me!

i agree the minolta above looks cool as well. maybe i can wait a couple of weeks and see some in-depth reviews
    Last edited by aarons12; 02/23/2004 at 07:22 AM.
    bump. I am looking for a digital camera. Currently considering the canon elph sd110 (only 2x optical zoom :-( ), the s400 (uses CF), the konical minolta dimage x50 (not out yet but looks sweet - not sure if I should wait or what).

( I have a treo 600 so would prefer an SD camera and really want at least 4mp, 3x optical zoom, and small - real small (fit in jeans pocket))

Thanks
    Lou
    I use the Canon S410 and cannot explain how happy I am with it. It does use a CF card (sorry not the SD), but you can get a 256mb CF card for under $40 these days. It comes with a 32MB card standar.

I print a lot of the pictures that I take at home and am really pleased with the quality. 4x6 pictures look perfect, and even 8x10 looks great.

If you want a 4 megapixel camera that is tiny then this one fits the mold. I just had a set of twins so anytime we go somewhere I usually carry around all of our baby gear, and this thing fits beautifully in my pocket. All the buttons are close (but not too close) together so you can access all of them with one hand. Its automatic setting is almost perfect in any situation you might take a picture in, but this does bring me to the first fault I find in the camera.

Manual settings are very sparse on this thing. Although it does give you the ability to choose basic operations such as Shutter speed, backlighting settings, and a few effects like Black and hite, sepia, etc...

Also the screen is fixed on the back of the camera. It doesnt swivel around like some others do so I did initially worry about keeping it in my pocket so much. This just made me find a new use for my Treos screeen protectors though. I cut one to fit and now I dont worry so much about protecting the screen.

Battery life is just normal, I can use it all day for one day and thats about it. It does have some power saving features such as auto off, and you can adjust the brightness of the lcd to help save the charge a little too, or turn off the lcd totally.

So if size is just as important as picture quality then I would recommend this camera hands down.
    P.S. Why would you want to use your treos sd card anyways?
    Amazon S410 $374.91
    I guess I don't need to use the SD, but I guess I want to be able to view my pictures on the treo and email them out wirelessly.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast