1.    #1  
    Launcher X vs. ZLauncher: Any opinion? Danke
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Lot's of opininions. Do a search. Both have free trials, so try them both and pick the one you like best.
    Originally posted by m00se
    Launcher X vs. ZLauncher: Any opinion? Danke
    i know it wasn't a choice, but I use the standard app.

set it to all and press the first letter of the app.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by Felipe

i know it wasn't a choice, but I use the standard app.

set it to all and press the first letter of the app.
    Me too, I just remove all the categories so everything falls in Unfiled. Also changed it to view by list. Just type the first two or three letters of the app, and you're there.
  5.    #5  
    I am swaying toward Launcher X at the moment; mostly for its ease of use and cool set up options. However, Launcher X insists that its latest version is Palm OS 5-Treo 600-competible (i.e. 5-button thing), but that seems to be painfully unworkable.
    -Mark Twain
    I am swaying toward Launcher X at the moment; mostly for its ease of use and cool set up options. However, Launcher X insists that its latest version is Palm OS 5-Treo 600-competible (i.e. 5-button thing), but that seems to be painfully unworkable.
    I user Launcher X and the navpad works great. what is making it painfully unworkable for you?
    I use Launcher X and I like it very much. No problems at all. But here is a review that might help.

Palm OS Launcherfest: Facer, LauncherX, MegaLauncher, SilverScreen, YiShow, and ZLauncher

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by webslappy
    I user Launcher X and the navpad works great. what is making it painfully unworkable for you?
    Perhaps the choice of word was a bit harsh...
    The problem I am having is going from the "Categories," to the apps, using the 5-button option: I just can't get to the apps that way, so I have to use the stylus. Otherwise I like Launcher X a lot.

Originally posted by cash70
    I use Launcher X and I like it very much. No problems at all. But here is a review that might help.
    Thanks, cash70! Very interesting info. But I am still having that problem described above.
    (BTW, is that a picture of a sonic-boom? )
    -Mark Twain
    Thanks, cash70! Very interesting info. But I am still having that problem described above.
    (BTW, is that a picture of a sonic-boom? )
    Whenever you want to navigate the applications just press the center button. That will highlight the first application in the category. Then just navigate as you normally would.

Yes it is a sonic-boom.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  10.    #10  
    Whenever you want to navigate the applications just press the center button...cash70
    Problem solved. I am sold on Launcher X
    Thanks!
    -Mark Twain
  11. lam
    Normal way of using Launcher X
    Use the 5-way button down/up to nav between categories. Press center button to enter a category and you'll see the square that surround the apps icon. left/right/up/down allows to select any icon you want. when you want to nav your category again, move your square to the upper left apps icon of your category and press left again. This will let you go back to category navigation

A COOL way of using Launcher X without the above complication:
    1.) When you activate launcher X, the home button next your space bar key will get you to launcher X. When you press more time on the home button , it will act like a navigation button that cycles through all the category. I use the home button for categories while the 5-way for inside the category !

Yes it is a sonic-boom.

cash70
    Cool!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad