Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    or have you done so..or has a complete stranger approached you to comment on your 600? would you be weirded out if it happened to you? stories and or opinions please.
    I did this at work the other day. I noticed one of our clients had the Treo 600 and so I walked up to him on his way out the door and asked "So how do you like the Treo?"

For a split second he looked confused but then his face lit up and he grinned from ear to ear. The first words to come out his mouth were "Oh, It's great! It's the greatest phone I've ever owned".

We talked about its versatility and our carriers. Then I showed him the eGrips I have on my unit, which he said he liked. I noticed he had the Nutshell case and he told me how much he hated it as well as the Handspring sideload case which I use.

It's always fun to talk to a complete stranger about something you both have in common and feel good about.
    My experience is the reverse. I ask a complete stranger about his 600.

His comment as he stepped off the bus: "It's great but still needs some more functions"

I could only surmise that he could be referring to some of the things that was not in the 600 that are often talked about in this site, i.e.: better resolution, user replaceable batteries, BlueTooth technology, etc.
    Happens to me all the time at airports, in trains and in shops. Believe it or not, it just happened to me right here when I was typing this mail while waiting for a van at Europcar. Another customer comes in, sees me typing this message, and asks me if I know a good place to buy accessories for a reasonable price and with stock.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Can they actually be a complete stranger if they are carrying a Treo 600 ??
    Originally posted by pabo
    Can they actually be a complete stranger if they are carrying a Treo 600 ??
    There's no such thing as a stranger, only a future Treo owner?
    I have done this mos def. I feel a certain kinship with a fellow Treo owner. Kind of like when I see someone who has license plates from my hometown. I get giddy about it. It takes a certain kind of person to own and appreciate a Treo. I've yet to find a cute girl or any female who owns one though. Man if I did, it's all over. I will hit her over the head with my treo & drag her back to my cave to make her my wife!

I have no problems chatting with people who ask me about it. I'm an unofficial salesperson whenever I go to my local Sprint store and I see someone even glance at a Treo 600. I can't wait to convince them on buying it! I actually know more about it that the sales reps (surprise there huh?). i got the sals guys calling me at home asking me about it...

Funny how this inanimate object can bring two people together for a brief moment where they might not ever relate. That's a good thing.
    Originally posted by Rushdown
    or have you done so..or has a complete stranger approached you to comment on your 600? would you be weirded out if it happened to you? stories and or opinions please.
    I keep looking for someone using a Treo 600, but haven't seen one yet. I have several friends with the T-Mobile Sidekick, and have what webpages look like loaded on them, would like to see a few webpages loaded on the Treo to get a feel for a comparison. I went to a Sprint PCS store, but they only had a dummy display model. Best Buy had a real one to play with, but not connected to any service.

Louis
    I have strangers stop me and ask me about mine.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I will talk to anyone about the Treo. I mostly get questions when I am typing a message or reading a web site. Of course Treo C|
    I've had several conversations with strangers based on their phones, but the most fun I've had was when I spotted a fellow engineer-type (you could tell by our gadget-belts) typing on his obviously new, unscratched Treo 300 on a Chicaago "L" train brown line. I handed him my 600, and the look on his face was priceless! Delight followed by crestfallen depression when he handed it back.

We did beam contacks back and forth, and have exchanged correspondence since then, but during that initial exchange on the L neither one of us said a word.
    I wouldn't stop someone else (probably because I already have one!) but as most people have said here, others have stopped me.
  13.    #13  
    I haven't been stopped or even seen someone else with one
    done it while eating dinner at Outback.

You don't see many Treo 600 users here in Rochester, NY. Of course it snows so much here during the winter that they all are probably inside doing what I'm doing now......reading threads at treocentral.
    I got my first Treo (CDMA from Sprint) very early on, and the next day I was sitting in this HUGE jury Room (maybe 1000 people - this IS Houston afterall) when a very young kid (maybe 18?) who still had acne and bony shoulders (hope I didn't offend anyone!) sat next to me...

And OF ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE ROOM, he pulls out his T600 and starts playing some asteroid game.

Very excitedly, I show him mine and ask him about which PIM, mail service, backup, launcher, etc he was going to use, and he said all he wanted was a big SD to hold his GAMES.

Now, given the limitations of the screen....was this kid an ***** or what?

Anyway, since then, I've had my Cingular Corporate Sales guy call me FROM A MTG WITH HIS CORP CLIENTS while he had the executives there buying their new T600's and, when they asked questions he couldn't answer (jot, graffitti, etc) he patched me through to consult in real time (although HE doesn't have a Treo himself.) So, I guess we really ARE the sales guys! He said later that I should be working for him selling Treos - and I said "make me an offer" It would be really cool to get paid for noodling with devices instead of designing big buildings....LOL

I am consistanty amazed that the folks who work in the cell phone stores are so technology-illiterate. Why don't they go sell insurance instead? If you don't have a passion for what you do, find SOMETHING you can make a living at the you give a rat's derriere about.

I'm STILL gooving on my T600 in it's snazzy I VOLUTION case.
    Hitting 'Em Hard, Long and Straight
    Originally posted by Architect
    I am consistanty amazed that the folks who work in the cell phone stores are so technology-illiterate.
    And cable companies, internet service providers, etc.

Originally posted by Architect
    Why don't they go sell insurance instead? If you don't have a passion for what you do, find SOMETHING you can make a living at the you give a rat's derriere about.
    AMEN!

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Sitting at Barnes & Noble this evening when a very nice Lady and a gentleman came to my table and asked me about my T600. They wanted to know as much as they could about it. We went over the software and 3rd party email choices since they travel frequently as myself. Both loved PocketTunes.

I have the brown Covertec case and the folding keyboard and with just those items alone, they were convinced that this is a great device

They showed me their well-worn Touchpoints and I'm sure that after they left, they will be heading to Potomac Yard Best Buy to get one (or two) if possible. Very nice couple and hopefully, new T600 owners.
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Had a nice chat with someone checking his email while standing in line at Splash Mountain at Disney a couple of weeks ago. Made the line seem shorter...
    I'm one of the poor saps that is still waiting to get my hands on a T600 (I was finaly able to pre-ordered the T-Mobile version just the other day - the first day it became available). I've had my Treo 180 for two years now (since the first day it was available)...

And yet just today, standing in line at a Starbucks in the Atlanta airport, switch from IM using Verichat - to receiving a phone call - and then back to IM - - I had a complete stranger walk up and ask me about my Treo 180. Most novice cell phone users are still very impressed with what the 180 can do - then I tell them that it is 2 years old and what the 600 can do... and I watch their head spin.
    I chat with them all the time. Happened about 20 times since I got the Treo.

In the beginning it was kind of neat, but now I admit it's getting a little annoying.
    http://www.firstadopter.com - where early adopters discuss great stuff first
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast