Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by Rushdown
    or have you done so..?
    What's your definition of a stranger? In this forum we are all strangers, yet we talk to each other all the time
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    I saw a guy with his new 600 (he was still holding it like a new-born, definitely no offense, I will do the same when I get mine) and I almost started talking to him. For me he wasn't a stranger, but then I realized that I'm actually a complete stranger to him since I don't have one yet.
    Curious about the SPLASH part.

What did you do? Carry your T600 in a zip lock???

I remember several years ago, my husband lost all his wallet pictures (some irreplaceable) when he got soaked in a rapids ride at Fiesta Texas.

Curious about what people are doing at the beach, etc. Is there a waterproof case (like for cameras, cell phones, etc.) that would work???
    Hitting 'Em Hard, Long and Straight
    I have started the conversations and been the recepient of them. Started when I had my Kyocera 6035. Only one person displayed no interested, everyone else did. I have even handed it over for brief periods of time. Impressions? awe.

Ben

Originally posted by Rushdown
    or have you done so..or has a complete stranger approached you to comment on your 600? would you be weirded out if it happened to you? stories and or opinions please.
    So my Treo moved another step forward today. It is now part of my "every day" life. Not simply a really cool thing any more. I was trying to eat lunch and read some online news and some guy kept asking me question after question. Can't a man eat in peace? Yikes.
    It could be my extroverted nature or being from the South but I have no problem approaching folk in general (unless they look mean or weird in a bad way) with interesting gadgets and certainly one's like mines. It's like I'm drawn to them by a mystical force.

I have been approached and had inquiries about the Treo. As I remember it most folks want to know how much it costs, then you see the look of "oh well" on their faces, but not without their admitting in some way that the Treo Rocks!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I haven't approach anybody, but I was approached so many times everywhere. People ask me what kind of phone I have in my hand or what kind of PDA, where did I got it from, how much did I pay for it, can I buy it here in Toronto, who sells it, so many questions..... :-) . I haven't seen one here in Toronto other than mine and my wifes..... Happy to have one..... WOOOHOO !!!
    TREO 600 ROCKS !!!! I gave up my Zaurus sl-5500 and my Motorola v60i for it.

"Willing is not enough; we must do. Knowing is not enough; we must apply." -- Bruce Lee
    You know, I guess I would. I would equate the Treo owners to how motorcycle riders relate. Whenever I'm out on my bike, I can pull in a parking lot next to another rider and start conversation right away. Whether it be regarding things they've done to modify their bike, or good roads to ride.

I assume it would be just like that. Bump into another Treo owner and ask what kind of software they were using, tips tricks etc.

Owning a Treo is almost like being part of a subculture!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    About a month ago I saw someone on the NYC subway (#1 going uptown) playing Klondike on his Treo 600. I nudged him and showed him my Sprint Treo (he had an AT&T Treo---I actually like the silver color more). He bought the Treo at a really low price (< $300) because he claimed that he was a long-time customer of AT&T. Since then, I haven't seen anyone else with a Treo 600 in the city!
    Originally posted by glenada
    About a month ago I saw someone on the NYC subway (#1 going uptown) playing Klondike on his Treo 600. I nudged him and showed him my Sprint Treo (he had an AT&T Treo---I actually like the silver color more). He bought the Treo at a really low price (< $300) because he claimed that he was a long-time customer of AT&T. Since then, I haven't seen anyone else with a Treo 600 in the city!
    If im on the subway (i am everyday), i am usinf my treo.

no one has ever nudged me and i haven't seen anyone else with on either.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    i only have the treo 270... sorry im not big ballers like you all

just a poor college graduate
    People still stop me ALL THE TIME to ask stupid questions about my T180... I really hate it when people stare at me while reading AvantGo content on my Treo in the subway. I especially hate kids who come and sit next to me to see what I am doing ... and then ask their moms

Can't imagine how my subway rides will be with the T600 (ordered the T-mob one and waiting...). Thank god it can play mp3's so I'll just plugin the earphones and focus on my reading.
    I was at the pool hall playing a game with some dude when I heard a familiar ringer. I looked over and he was talking on none other than the treo 600. Mine was broken at the time but we talked about it and I told him about treocentral. I didnt know him but we talked at least five minutes about what programs we had and about the problems I was having. He said his works great... my new one does also,

Very cool
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Slowly but surely I'm seeing more T6's around Manhattan.
    I just did this last night! The guy I talked to didn't have any games, so I gave him a couple freeware ones.
    I do it all the time...

I remember I was writing up a chem lab at caribou - and the guy next to me was looking at the Treo 600 in PC Mag.. I think it was october, and I had my GSM review unit so I introduced myself and let him look at the actual device and not just the photos and description in PC Mag. That was pretty spiffy.

What's sad though is that I don't find many Treo 600 users in the Twin Cities. I see a 300 quite often - infact I was playing water polo with a guy the other night and he whips out his phone and it's a 300, I had seen him talking on it earlier (from a distance and a a weird angle!) but I had just assumed it was a giant standerd issue samsung; he wasn't the type of guy you would expect to see a Treo on.

Where are you all Twin Cities Treo 600 users?!?!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    i wish i could meet a really cute guy with a treo
    *stands up with 600 in hand*

Yeah, meeting a chick with a Treo would be nice I have only seen one guy with a Treo and he didnt want to chat at all. I do get a lot of questions from curious people, especially at work.
    Last edited by ThirdType; 05/12/2004 at 09:53 PM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Well Ayana, I'ld like to introduce ThirdType. Now would anyone like to post pics.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I chatted a bit with a couple of people with Treos while waiting for a flight once... They saw me geeking out browsing the web, so they struck up a conversation. One of them was trying to get a laptop-to-treo internet thing working. It looked like a pretty cool setup... but he couldn't get it to work when demonstrating it.

That's the only time I've ever seen another Treo outside of a Sprint Store. All of my work colleages have older type phones. One of my coworkers still has one of those really old black Nokias (you know the ones...back in the days when they had wood panelling along the sides). The ironic part is that he gets more bang for the buck out of the battery with talk-time.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast