1.    #1  
    What is it with Palmgear? Can't they spend some time and $ and update their site so we can access it from our Treos?
    Originally posted by newtreouser
    What is it with Palmgear? Can't they spend some time and $ and update their site so we can access it from our Treos?
    Handango is the same way. Just about every site that purports to cater to handheld users has a mobile version of its site ... TreoCentral being one of them.

While I'm at it, if it's a mobile site and has s/w for Palm, why do they insist on just having the download available in a .zip format and not available as a .prc so we can download directly to our device? This ticks me off more than not having the site in a mobile format I think.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    I would like to see Palmgear accessible too. I do not puruse Handango nor do I have an account with them. But maybe I should.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    What is it with Palmgear?
    Y'know, it never even occurred to me to think about this, but now that you point it out -- that is pretty screwed up. It highlights the idea that historically Palm OS devices have been peripherals for a "full" computer and that most people still think of them this way.
    Perhaps we ought to email them collectively and ask for an upgrade. Join the force…
    To be fair to Palmgear, their site has been around since long before the "online" Palm OS PDA's started getting popular. Let's face it, as much as we may like our Treo's, the 270 and 300 didn't capture that much of the market, and the 600, as well as a few other "online" units, are just now really becoming popular.

As someone else stated, their system was designed around the ideal of a Palm Pilot device as an auxillary to a "real" computer. It takes a while to completely revamp a web site. Think about the way their system is designed. Programs aren't just listed, when you look at the "latest" programs, you're actually doing a search. Lots of modifications to be made, especially if they plan on supporting full size screen computers as well as PDA's.
    OK... I'm confused.

I thought that the huge update to MyPalmgear on Monday added that kind of functionality using streamlync2.

Wireless Connection: Have some free time while away from your PC? With a wireless capable handheld (e.g. smartphone, Wifi enabled or connected via Bluetooth), you can browse featured demos of best selling applications right on your handheld, install or re-install software and more wirelessly! Take PalmGear with you wherever you go. Don't have a wireless handheld? Applications you specify will be installed during the next HotSync!

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...E5&PartnerREF=

Did I read something wrong?
    Originally posted by jennyfur

OK... I'm confused.
    I thought that the huge update to MyPalmgear on Monday added that kind of functionality using streamlync2.
    Did I read something wrong?
    I think the question at hand is how to download an app directly to the Treo via wireless connection, thus skipping the PC/Mac completely. The app (file) will be downloaded to the Treo with the suffix .prc as opposed to .zip or .sit for the desktops.
    I emailed PalmGear about this last month some time, and they told me they're in the middle of a re-write to allow optimized Palm access to the site.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Originally posted by Schmoozer

I think the question at hand is how to download an app directly to the Treo via wireless connection, thus skipping the PC/Mac completely. The app (file) will be downloaded to the Treo with the suffix .prc as opposed to .zip or .sit for the desktops.
    That's exactly what I was talking about using streamlync2.

In the description it has a picture of the wireless sync data display along with the following caption:
    Wireless sync (applicable to wireless capable devices only) status display
    Displays status and progress during wireless sync to let you know what actions are being taken as they happen!

I'm aware that it also has a desktop PC component, but I didn't mention it since that's not what this thread was about.

I can't clear up the confusion myself because I don't have my treo 600 yet and my treo 180 doesn't currently have net access.
    Hum... I'll look into this and try it soon. Thanks jennyfur, and sorry about the confusion.
    (BTW, I use a Mac and "...StreamLync 2.0 currently does not have the desktop components for the Macintosh. Macintosh users who have a wireless capable handheld have access to all the features of StreamLync except usage via the HotSync cradle. A Macintosh version is expected soon.")
    On my T600 and guess what? This pqge is not available.

Guess they are just teasing us ... sort of like Sprint and sms ... glad I finally got it ... after months of promises. Oh well, will have to try again later ...
    Same here, jennyfur. I'll keep trying, maybe I am doing something wrong.
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain