1.    #1  
    Hello, I currently use a Tungsten T. I'm real excited about the treo 600 and the future of smart phones. I'm tried of carrying both my TT and a cell phone.

I've never used a keyboard on a pda.

What advantages are there by using the keyboard? Is it faster?
    Former Centro, Treo 700P, Treo 600, Tungsten T, M505 and PalmIII user...currently a Pre owner.
    it is definitely faster for me to type on the external keyboard. More accurate, too. It's got two real shift keys, number keys, you don't need to use Opt hardly at all. And I can use all10 fingers, instead of being all thumbs.
    An external keyboard is good for me when I am at a library or somewhere I can sit down at a table and need to type a lot of information.

I loved my old Stowaway, and am still looking for the right keyboard for the T600.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Originally posted by heberman
    An external keyboard is good for me when I am at a library or somewhere I can sit down at a table and need to type a lot of information.

I loved my old Stowaway, and am still looking for the right keyboard for the T600.
    Treo 600 External Keyboard

Product Information
    By Handspring
    Price $99.95
    Stock In Stock
    Last edited by scandalex; 08/15/2008 at 10:13 AM.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    This is a official HS/P1 product? I assume the Treo600 plugs into it when you slide it on the keyboard? In other words, it's non IR? I didn't see anything in the discription.
    Thanks, matt
    That's the Handspring/PalmOne keyboard. Here is their page for it: link. It was suggested in this post that the keyboard is probably not made by Handspring/PalmOne, that it is, in fact, a Belkin product. Or something. Draw your own conclusions.

It's the same price from Treocentral or Handspring/PalmOne, but you can get it for $75 from Dans Cellular on eBay: link.

It is not an infrared keyboard, the Treo 600 plugs into its little stand, which is cool. On the other hand, the driver for the keyboard apparently keeps you from being able to use the infrared port, at least according to this post from WeeBitObsessed, so if that matters to you ...um?

But, anyway, there you go.
    Last edited by snerdy; 02/10/2004 at 09:28 AM.
    Originally posted by snerdy
    On the other hand, the driver for the keyboard apparently keeps you from being able to use the infrared port, at least according to this post from WeeBitObsessed, so if that matters to you ...um?

But, anyway, there you go.
    The driver doesn't really prevent you from using the IR port, you just have to disable (NOT uninstall) the driver. Takes all of 2 taps on the screen to do so. And another 2 taps to re-enable it.

BTW, it comes with an adapter to let you hook the keyboard up to the AC charger so you can charge while you type.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Originally posted by meyerweb
    BTW, it comes with an adapter to let you hook the keyboard up to the AC charger so you can charge while you type.
    Awesome! I was wondering if it did that. ...Now I really want to get one.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Typing messages on regular cellphones is slow and tedious. It is a lot faster to type on a Treo 600.