1.    #1  
    I had 2 reset my treo (tried 2 use direct.assist 555-1212 and it made my phone go into constant soft reset) my question is this; I have been wanting to reset my treo600 2 get crap off of it, BUT I need 2 know if this will work and what I have 2 do. IF I set up a new user, will it add the basic programs that came with the disc? and when I updated (whatever the update was called, like treo 1.01 or something) will it do that again on its own (when I did do the update it put ANOTHER palm desctop on my descktop) so I am thinking if I put the "owner" as joe blow and add a user "joe blow" (and can then pick what programs I have on my desk top 2 add) it will not add anything but the basic start crap. am I correct???????? do I have 2 re-install the cd? do I have 2 re-install the update? please help soon, I am going out of town on sunday and need 2 do this first.
  2.    #2  
    anyone? please help. I am going out of town in the am and I need 2 know if it will work or ...
    you gonna have to give more that 30 minutes before you aks for help again?

it is sunday.

any how, if you hard reset the treo and then give it another name you will only get the basic palm software. you wont get the extra programs like doc2go and the splash software, which i dont think is in rom. you will need to install them from the cd that came with the treo.

btw, what treo do you have?

if the treo 1.01 was a rom patch, you shouldn't have to re-install it.

you can go another way, just hard reset, delete (i would rename)the backup folder from your hard drive and sync.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  4. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Originally posted by hetyey225
    anyone? please help. I am going out of town in the am and I need 2 know if it will work or ...
    Perhaps if you would write your question in English instead of cutesy abbreviations you might get someone to (not 2) respond. Reading your post made my head hurt....
    Cheers

Charles
    Originally posted by ceb
    Perhaps if you would write your question in English instead of cutesy abbreviations you might get someone to (not 2) respond. Reading your post made my head hurt....
    English ain't his thing...be kind

Originally posted by hetyey225 IF I set up a new user, will it add the basic programs that came with the disc?
    If some apps are in the phone's ROM, they will not go away via hard reset. Do a search here on this subject.
    I had a similar problem - what I did was just Hard reset, re-sync, delete the DA application COMPLETELY (if you are using a launcher program that keeps a trash bin with stuff until you purge it, empty it right after deleting the DA App)

then re-install a fresh copy of the most updated version

That did it for me