1.    #1  
    I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction with regard to GPS on my Treo 600 (ATTWS). As I search for options, I am having trouble discerning what is truly the best software and hardware. Cost is not an issue, within reason.

I have seen quite a few bluetooth GPS receivers, which I like in theory, but the Treo 600 is not enabled with bluetooth. Frankly, I am not even sure of my bluetooth options either.

I hope someone has some valuable input. Even some input on the best map/street guide software would be helpful. I appreciate it...
    Hi, look up the igoldtech unit in both the article section and discussion section of this site. The unit is very delayed and should ship soon. Here is the latest info they sent me. I have been waiting since Nov 15th of last year which was the orginal ship date. take care, jay
    Dear iGolf Customers,

Thank you for patiently awaiting shipment of SD GPS packages complete with the SD GPS receiver, iGolfgps v.2, and Mapopolis Single Region Platinum Plus GPS driving directions.

In September, we announced the SD GPS receiver and its compatibility on the Palm and Pocket PC operating system. Many of you have inquired why the package has not been shipped for Palm handhelds? The main reason is the development of the SDIO driver for the Palm operating system. The driver set us back many months due to significant issues with Palm handhelds. We are happy to announce that we have completed a beta driver and are currently testing it on all Palm units for stability. The driver has been submitted to Mapopolis for integration into their application. Once changed, they will be sending us the Single Region Platinum Plus GPS compact disks. The day we receive the disks we will be shipping the package to all of our customers who have paid the remaining balance. We will notify you a few days before we expect the disks to arrive to allow ample time to complete your purchase.

Currently, the only Palm applications compatible with this driver are iGolfgps and Mapopolis. In order for other Palm GPS applications to be compatible, respective companies need to make minor changes to their application to locate the SD GPS receiver. Currently, several companies are working to update their software.

Customers with the Pocket PC operating system received their packages in late December and have reported great satisfaction with the software and GPS unit. The current list of compatible Pocket PCs and anticipated Palm units can be found using the following link: http://www.igolftech.com/compatibility.pdf

The release of this package has generated incredible interest in both the Palm and Pocket PC communities. Since we released the package, all units have been sold and a large waiting list has been compiled at the request of our future customers. We anticipate having our next shipment of units in late April. Once again, thank you for your patience and please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Best Regards,

David Alexander
    Vice President of Sales
    iGolf Technologies
    3645 Ruffin Rd., Suite 310
    San Diego, Ca. 92123

1.858.432.0369 (office)
    1.619.374.2401 (fax)
    dave@igolftech.com
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Originally posted by stahor24
    I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction with regard to GPS on my Treo 600 (ATTWS). As I search for options, I am having trouble discerning what is truly the best software and hardware. Cost is not an issue, within reason.

I have seen quite a few bluetooth GPS receivers, which I like in theory, but the Treo 600 is not enabled with bluetooth. Frankly, I am not even sure of my bluetooth options either.

I hope someone has some valuable input. Even some input on the best map/street guide software would be helpful. I appreciate it...
    stahor24,

Take a look at this thread.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...mapopolis.html

rgds,

aolumide
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --