1.    #1  
    I apparently didn't find anyone with experience about my 600/Apple syncing difficulties, so here's a different question. Does anyone have experience with removing the iSync conduit or any conduit that's been installed in Hotsync?

I'm willing, albeit not eager, to go back to Palm Desktop, but I can't get it to recognize my Treo, and no actual exchange of information is occurring. I thought perhaps if I could get rid of the iSync conduit, even if it already is turned off, would help.

Thanks.
    Mike P.
    I haven't seen any earlier posts from you regarding syncing difficulties with isync.

I regularly use isync and have never had any problems. I also sync with palm desktop but only as an additional backup, I otherwise don't use it.

what problems are you having?

As a side note, as a minority in a minority, maybe us mac owners should have a seperate thread for our unique software issues.
    I've never been able to sync with isync since I got my treo 600 - had no probs with previous palm devices though. I just turned off the isync conduit otherwise it just froze. Never bothered with isync anyway...use other means to keep my contacts etc up to date
    If you are running in Panther, that is your problem. Handspring has a post on their website saying they have not tested with Panther so it is not able to assist. I had that problem and couldn't sync. People running Jaguar do not have the problem.
    Yeah, it all depends on what you're using and what you want to do.

I use Entourage, and am using the Microsoft-supplied conduit to sync with my Treo. You can download it from macupdate.com.

Otherwise, I believe you would use iSync if you're using the Apple PIM programs (Mail, iCal, Address Book).
    Originally posted by zoomjuice
    I regularly use isync and have never had any problems. I also sync with palm desktop but only as an additional backup, I otherwise don't use it.
    I've tried iSync several times, but quickly removed it each time. I can't seem to delete/tweak records on the handheld and have them update in the Address Book, which defeats the purpose, so I have to resolve that some other way.
    It seems like the communication is intended to be one way, with editing/deletions translated from Address Book.

=/

I think part of my problem is that I have always disabled the calendar syncing. I loathe iCal.
    Originally posted by marbs
    I apparently didn't find anyone with experience about my 600/Apple syncing difficulties, so here's a different question. Does anyone have experience with removing the iSync conduit or any conduit that's been installed in Hotsync?

I'm willing, albeit not eager, to go back to Palm Desktop, but I can't get it to recognize my Treo, and no actual exchange of information is occurring. I thought perhaps if I could get rid of the iSync conduit, even if it already is turned off, would help.

Thanks.
    Mike P.
    If you want to go back to Palm Desktop go to Macintosh HD->Library->Application Support->Palm HotSync. In this folder ther should be a folder 'Conduits' and 'Disabled Conduits'. Remove the iSync Conduit in 'Conduits', and move the Address Book, DateBook and ToDo conduits from 'Disabled Conduits' to 'Conduits'. Log out and back in. Go to HotSync Manager and set all the conduits to 'Handheld Overwrites Mac' (one-time only - keep the default at synchronize)

Michael
    I use my treo 600 with isync on Panther with no problems, though I originally had jaguar when I got the treo.

I also uninstalled isync, palm conduit and palm desktop and reinstalled all (due to a non palm related problem) in panther and everything works fine.