1.    #1  
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    I personally think the Samsung i530 palmos smartphone is much more interesting!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    they are all cute, but they are missing a thumb keyboard. after getting used to it, I cannot go back to a smart phone without one. If I was to go back to a phone without a keyboard, I would get a regular phone that sync'd with ms outlook, like the sony 616/610, or moto v400/300/600, or siemens s56, or...
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    There wasn't much info given on it, but it does look interesting. Samsung is a tough competitor indeed.
    -Mark Twain
    Too bad it is only available in a GSM version. Thus we Sprint-heads still have a better option in the Treo 600 than the SPH-I500. Looks promising for the GSM crowd, however.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    And the first competitor that's running Palm OS rather than Win or Symbian. That does make it interesting.....
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Users will have the option oif entering Graffiti 2 anywhere on the screen
    I don't understand why Handspring left this out of the Treo 600...
    Jot, NewPen, or Grafitti anywhere should allow you to write anywhere....

I will pass on the i530, although an i535 (given the +30 logic from the i500 with the rotating screen of the i505) would be tough to pass up.
    There wasn't much info given on it, but it does look interesting. Samsung is a tough competitor indeed.
    FYI, according to info posted on PDAaphone.com, the i530 is probably going to be an updated version of the SGH-i500 with high rez screen and 1 MP camera. The i505 will have a twister screen, low rez display and VGA camera. And finally there's rumors of a "SPH-i550" that is supposed to be an updated version of the CDMA SPH-i500 for sprint......
    Last edited by Gaurav; 02/02/2004 at 07:49 PM.
    they are all cute, but they are missing a thumb keyboard. after getting used to it, I cannot go back to a smart phone without one.
    Exactly. IMO:

No keyboard = No competition
    I didn't see any specific features for the i530. For me to leave the Treo it will take:

1. Hi Resolution
    2. Voice memo's on emails (I miss that from my Samsung 600)
    3. Flash for camera (A MUST HAVE! I'm tired of dark pics)
    4. SD slot (I'm spoiled now and can't go back)
    5. Data Entry Keypad (cuz it's convenient)
    6. Video that you could email would be tooo sweet.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by GeekyMom

1. Hi Resolution
    2. Voice memo's on emails (I miss that from my Samsung 600)
    3. Flash for camera (A MUST HAVE! I'm tired of dark pics)
    4. SD slot (I'm spoiled now and can't go back)
    5. Data Entry Keypad (cuz it's convenient)
    6. Video that you could email would be tooo sweet.
    1. Check
    2. Check
    3. Check
    4. Check
    5. Check
    6. Probably not

Still, my love affair with the Treo will continue regardless...
    -Mark Twain
    some good competition would be if sprints scompact flash card offered normal voice plans along with data.

thebyou could get a real nice pda like a clie or sharps new zaurus. plug in the card and get unlimited do what you want data and voice. . . man that had some potential.
    If Samsung came out with a phone that was leaps and bounds above the Treo 600, I still wouldnt buy it. Samsungs phone have the sleek look (eye candy) but the performance of the ones I have owned, including the i500, left MUCH to be desired.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Originally posted by scandalex
    If Samsung came out with a phone that was leaps and bounds above the Treo 600, I still wouldnt buy it. Samsungs phone have the sleek look (eye candy) but the performance of the ones I have owned, including the i500, left MUCH to be desired.
    I carry both the Samsung v205 and the Treo 270 and like them both a lot. Samsung phone are indeed attractive but also very reliable in my experience. And now with a Palm OS smart phone, I do think it will pose competition.
    And it has to come with a PalmOS port of My Pet!

It really does looks nice (the i530) with it's hi-rez screen and flip form factor. I may be able to live without a key board, but they had better support the Handspring navigation API! Thumb taps or pulling out the stylus just won't cut it anymore.
    Originally posted by scandalex

I would have to agree.....

I have drooled over so many Samsung phones in the past... After seeing them on the Net... reading countless previews about them I was convinced that it would be my next phone.... But once I got it in my hand and played with it for a number of days... I was so dissapointed that I had to excercise that 14 day return policy....

When I got the Treo it dissapointed me somewhat with some things, but there were so many more things which I liked that I could not bring myself return it...

I think my next phone will probably be the next version of the Treo....