1.    #1  
    Well... it happend. I saw a spurious doc file in Documents to Go that I didn't recognize. I clicked to open it and see what it was. BAM... hard reset and I'm 600 miles from home!

Fortunately my laptop at the office is on and connected to the internet. I researched and found threads on Treocentral that enabled my to do a wireless hotsync.

PROBLEM: It keeps timing out. I lose the connection. I'm roaming on Cingulars wireless network with my Tmobile phone. Is there a time limit the GPRS connection? I have the unlimited data plan with Tmobile. I also have a gotomypc account so I was able to view my hotsync log on my laptop and can see where and when the connection was lost. I'm so close and so frustrated. Does anybody have any advice on how I can keep the connection from being lost before the hotsync is finished?

Thanks

Bruce
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    Do you have the correct ports open on your router? (Seach for the wireless hotsync thread for all the info).

I use it with my cingular treo and it works very well. Even works with the full backup buddy. It takes 5-10 min to do a full hotsync, but I am at the point when I get home I plug it into the charger and hit the network hotsync button. Much easier the swaping USB cables on my laptop.

-David
  3.    #3  
    Everything is configured properly. Hotsync starts, runs about an hour, hour and 10 minutes then the connection is lost, message comes up to reset device and that's it. This last time it synched completely through the files that begin with "a" then got as far as putting BugMe back on but then quit. It never gets through doing the restore much less on to synching recent data. The only thing I can figure is that I'm dropping GPRS connection after awhile or my computer's internet connection at the office is dropping out.

I do appreciate your reply and offer of advice.

Bruce
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    Dag, thats messed up. One thing to note, is that when you hotsync over the air, it's trying to sync everything. You should check off a few less databases to update and you may get a better result. There is no need to update games and other frivilous databases. Of course, if you lost it all, it's going to want to do everything, see if you can just select the essentials.
    [t-mobile sux 4 price]
    www.mediathreat.com
    You can set the hotsync to do a custom hotsync and only enable the contacts or the dates or etc... then try and do the programs by themselves?

-David